Who is your Overrated/Overhyped Team for 2021?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Oregon. I can't turn on sports talk radio without hearing how great they are going to be this year. Talking heads seem to forget that they got blown out in their most recent game by some overrated team from the B12.

I just learned this morning from a tOSU podcast I listen to that the PAC-12 has North and South divisions.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think they all finish lower than current ranking:
Clemson
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Florida
Indiana

My CFP darkhorse is Utah

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Oregon. I can't turn on sports talk radio without hearing how great they are going to be this year. Talking heads seem to forget that they got blown out in their most recent game by some overrated team from the B12.

This.

Take away Nike advertising and they aren't viewed any better than Washington.

I saw nothing in the bowl game that would tell me this is a team to watch. Top 25 team, sure, but they are no Iowa State.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Notre Dame - Lost A TON, could lose 3 of their first 5
UNC - TONS of production left, won't surprise anyone.. But their schedule is a joke.. Big 10 West level joke
LSU - 2019 was a fluke
Indiana - Haven't beat a relevant team in their "successful" 2019-2020 seasons
Texas - They'll go 8-4 and EVERYONE will crown them the "team to watch in 2022"
Ole Miss - There is a reason Kiffen hasn't lasted long anywhere
Northwestern - don't return much from their 2020 defense. High peak (9-10 wins) and mid-valley program (3-6 wins). I think this is a 4-6 win team

Reactions: Dandy and xboxfever

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I just learned this morning from a tOSU podcast I listen to that the PAC-12 has North and South divisions.
How can you not know that? It's a big-time league full of programs with so much media value. Just brimming with value. Just wait when LA no longer has beaches and other stuff to do then people will go to the games and start watching.

I'm getting giddy thinking about THE ALLIANCE. Just imagine UCLA vs. Nebraska. I know the teams are struggling a bit, but we're talking about two absolute blue bloods.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Texas because at some point no matter who's coaching them, every year you have to wonder 'how does this team lose X amount of games?'.

I'll also go with Texas ATM and Georgia while I'm at it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How can you not know that? It's a big-time league full of programs with so much media value. Just brimming with value. Just wait when LA no longer has beaches and other stuff to do then people will go to the games and start watching.

I'm getting giddy thinking about THE ALLIANCE. Just imagine UCLA vs. Nebraska. I know the teams are struggling a bit, but we're talking about two absolute blue bloods.

Did you SEE how hard fought that loss was for Nebraska the other day? This isn't your uncle's Illinois football team they were facing.

I'll throw Nebraska up there. There wasn't much hope there anyway but they still get talked about like it's gonna happen and they got worse.

• Love
Reactions: CyBobby and aauummm