Votes: 303 66.6%

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Are we at the conclusion that Wazzou and Oregon State aren’t reasonable takes no matter what? Too much dead weight?

It is a shame because I’d like to see them here. They remind me of us in a lot of ways.
*Wazzu

Wazzu IS very similar to ISU, small town/city in the middle of wheat/corn fields. Heavy on the ag side, plenty of liberal arts. But like here, UW (UI) is the state's med school law school liberal arts giant. Wazzu has a hate-hate relationship with UW that (if anything) is even more virulent than ISU-UI, mostly because they are in the same conference and wins against each other have more impact on their conference standings.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
Two year signing requirement out of HS or a sit out year.

College can't be like the pros without contracts. Who wants to see rosters turn over 30% each year?
I'm thinking the NFL will at some point change to a one year out of high school requirement. They'll poach a lot of skill players with that and the big ten and sec won't like it. But to that I'd say too bad so sad. I'll also predict that those two conferences will start paying their players out of the new tv money. Like the poster said it's out of control. No one, or no system is in place, anywhere that is overseeing as to what is good for the sport of college football. Which is something all professional leagues have. There are reasons why the big leagues have that. There is the NCAA but....well...yeah right.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I'm thinking the NFL will at some point change to a one year out of high school requirement. They'll poach a lot of skill players with that and the big ten and sec won't like it. But to that I'd say too bad so sad. I'll also predict that those two conferences will start paying their players out of the new tv money. Like the poster said it's out of control. No one, or no system is in place, anywhere that is overseeing as to what is good for the sport of college football. Which is something all professional leagues have. There are reasons why the big leagues have that. There is the NCAA but....well...yeah right.
I don’t see the NFL changing the eligibility rules to 1 year out of high school. There’s rare exceptions, but for the most part 19 years olds are not physically ready for the NFL. Further, roster sizes and salary caps make it difficult to find space for projects who just aren’t physically ready. Add in there’s not a minor league system and it’s just not workable. I don’t see the NFL as being eager to change that.

The NFL benefits from kids getting excellent coaching and training at the college level. A well l-funded college system is great for the NFL - all the benefits of a D league done at no cost to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Help Support Us

Become a patron