• Washington

Votes: 195 42.9%
  • Oregon

Votes: 303 66.6%

• Total voters

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
This is out of control. Need a higher power intervention. Commerce department anti-trust. Tax the B1G/Sec TV proceeds and give it to needy students at all universities. Way too much money being added to the arms race. Also need to fix NIL somehow. Maybe have a salary cap.
Two year signing requirement out of HS or a sit out year.

College can't be like the pros without contracts. Who wants to see rosters turn over 30% each year?

Reactions: CyNews

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is out of control. Need a higher power intervention. Commerce department anti-trust. Tax the B1G/Sec TV proceeds and give it to needy students at all universities. Way too much money being added to the arms race. Also need to fix NIL somehow. Maybe have a salary cap.
Can’t put toothpaste back in the tube.

Reactions: agentbear

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Could Oregon and Washington join Notre Dame in the ACC if the Big 10 is finished? Why not? Geography means absolutely nothing anymore. They fit in more academically with the ACC than the Big 12.

Plus it doesn't make a lot of sense and would hurt the Big 12. That seems to be the trend.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
How many times now have we heard the same thing about the Big 12? Yet here we are. I don’t think it’s a certainty that the PAC is dead yet. It’s a possibility but not a certainty.
I agree. If Washington and Oregon stay in the P12, they will aggressively go after the Texas schools to get into that market, plus BYU.
We have been burned too many times - this crap is far from over.

On the other hand, my dream scenario is Washington and Oregon to the B10, and we pick up Colorado, Utah, and the two Arizona schools to get to 16. Our goal needs to be #3 in relevance. B10 and SEC are in a world of their own.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Thoughts on the Hlas article that UNLV is worthy of B1G consideration? I could never see it happening over academics. Should the Big 12 consider them?

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
Just was looking at the list of schools that belong to the AAU. And in the middle of all the big ten looking at schools there's one university that is glaringly missing.

Notre Dame. Notre Dame is not an AAU school. They'll have to compromise on this to get them in. Who knew.

PS - well now that I search the subject a lot of people knew. It was a surprise to me I guess

Last edited:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Could Oregon and Washington join Notre Dame in the ACC if the Big 10 is finished? Why not? Geography means absolutely nothing anymore. They fit in more academically with the ACC than the Big 12.

Plus it doesn't make a lot of sense and would hurt the Big 12. That seems to be the trend.
The ACC is dead man walking.

The big difference is the Pac12 & Big12 have TV Contracts expiring in summer 2024 & 2025 respectively. So both conferences (and their schools) will have the opportunity to negotiate their TV Rights at current market pricing.

Conversely, the ACC is stuck in a deal through 2036 where their media rights are on par with old Big12/Pac12 media rights $.

Why would Notre Dame or Oregon/Washington accept $35M (ACC $) when Notre Dame can get at least $150M when their deal is up after 2025. Oregon/Washington are probably worth $50-$60M in today's $.

I don't believe the Big10 is done. Taking just 2 Pac12 schools makes no sense. IMO the Big10 is trying to see if ND can get out of their ACC deal. If ND can, that would dictate who the Big10 takes among: Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal.

Notre Dame is the elephant in the room because would not surprise me if their media value is 30-50% above Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, etc.

The Big10 could take Notre Dame and Slippery Rock and the value to the Big10 TV deal would be accretive on a per school revenue. So ND would allow the Big10 to be very selective or very aggressive!

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Are we at the conclusion that Wazzou and Oregon State aren’t reasonable takes no matter what? Too much dead weight?

It is a shame because I’d like to see them here. They remind me of us in a lot of ways.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think Washington and Oregon are the best options, but I get the feeling they think they're too good for the Big 12. That's why I voted for Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Are we at the conclusion that Wazzou and Oregon State aren’t reasonable takes no matter what? Too much dead weight?

It is a shame because I’d like to see them here. They remind me of us in a lot of ways.
Oregon State, especially. When I went to Corvallis a few years ago for the men's basketball game, I felt like I was on campus at ISU. On the other hand, Wash. State is the most remote FBS Campus I have ever been to in person, and I have been to Auburn and Penn State!

Last edited:
Reactions: werdnamanhill

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Oregon State, especially. When I went to Corvallis a few years ago for the men's basketball game, I felt like I was on campus at ISU. Wash. State is the most remote FBS Campus I have ever been to in person, and I have been to Auburn and Penn State!
Think that’s what I like about them. They were such a fun team when Leach was there. Probably my favorite team we ever lost to was their 18 team.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
We have got to get out of this mindset of looking for cultural fits. The Big 8 is dead. Who cares about WSU? Prob the worst choice of possibilities. We need to forget “fit” and save our conference as a P5 player. Big 12 is at a crossroads and I am so happy that Bowlsby is no longer in charge.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
We have got to get out of this mindset of looking for cultural fits. The Big 8 is dead. Who cares about WSU? Prob the worst choice of possibilities. We need to forget “fit” and save our conference as a P5 player. Big 12 is at a crossroads and I am so happy that Bowlsby is no longer in charge.
I really wasn’t talking about cultural “fit” more just how I felt about the program. I accept the reality here that they will likely not be financially feasible.

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014

B1G is not finished and there is less than a zero percent chance ND will join the ACC.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Given a choice Big vs SEC, I would expect Big to have a shot now that USC has committed. Especially if they could pull in Stanford along with. Heard their buyout is at least 110 million so that may delay it.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I think Washington and Oregon are the best options, but I get the feeling they think they're too good for the Big 12. That's why I voted for Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah.
Strangely quiet on all fronts, including this message board.
I still say the key is Washington and Oregon. If they stay in the P12 I not only think the P12 survives, but they make a hard play to poach the b12. I do do trust TT, OSU and BYU. Actually none of the Texas schools. I expect the P12 to make a major play for the big Texas TV market. Not at all sure what is going on at the moment, other than P12 TV contract negotiations and possible P12/ACC alliance. SB Nation is reporting there may have never been any b12/corner 4 meetings. Utah flat out denies any meetings:

Last edited: