Who has the most annoying fans in our conference?

Most Annoying Fans

• Kansas

Votes: 120 52.2%
  • Kansas State

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • Texas

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Oklahoma State

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Texas Christian

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Baylor

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
It's a tough choice, but I know for a fact that I would take any Big 12 fan base over Iowa's. And that's not even close.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
ROOOOOOOOOOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CHALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLKKKK

JAYYYYYYYYYY HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKK

**** YOU

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
To me, it depends on whether we're talking football or basketball, but either way, the most annoying fans are those of the two teams in the great wind tunnel called Kansas.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Taking internet message boards out of this, I really have not had a bad experience with any fan base in our conference. K-State fans were some of the most hospitable I have seen when I went down to Manhattan a few years back.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I hope this thread serves as a valuable therapy session for all of you that are still butt hurt from that KU game. I'm sure you'll get over it some day.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I like the other fan bases a lot less now that we don't have an obvious common enemy (Nebraska)

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I hope this thread serves as a valuable therapy session for all of you that are still butt hurt from that KU game. I'm sure you'll get over it some day.

It's not so much that I am still butthurt over the KU game in Ames last year... it's the fact that despite the ENTIRE NATION agreeing we got hosed, the KU types were falling all over themselves to somehow justify it afterwards. They seemed to think that they were somehow the "victim" and being persecuted because they are good. "The media" was trying to take them down.

We lost. I've made peace with that.

As i've said before... it would have been a whole lot easier to swallow if the KU types would have just laughed and said "sucks to be you, we got one there" and been done with it.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
ku basketball fans, and squawks generally, are a haughty-arsed lot. they see themselves as the flagship, not only of the state but of the conference as well along with ut. you have to forgive them. they see their limits as the limits of the universe. that's just the way they are, these mythical birds.

:v_SPIN:

cysqu1rr31

Dec 31, 2009
Ur-Bahn-Da-Le, IA
www.facebook.com
KU fans, because really, they have nothing else to talk about BESIDES basketball. Way to go, you're good at one sport... If you've been in Ames when OU comes to town, those fans are outright ****** canoes. Their band is awesome, :pcool: they can play one song, over and over. I'd hope you'd be really good at the one song if you did that day in and day out... I can only imagine band practice, "Ok guys today, we're going to play "Boomer Sooner" , work on some formations and then we're going to throw a new one in our lineup that I think you all will like it's called "Boomer Sooner". Ready. BREAK!"

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Actually KU is pretty good at several sports, they just absolutely suck in football lately. They were 500 in Big 12 baseball, winning record in softball, volleyball went to the 2nd round of the NCAA, mens and womens basketball went to the sweet 16 for the second straight year, Mens track was a top 20 team and womens track won the Big 12 indoor and outdoor and the National Championship. But currently football is as bad as it can possibly be.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
This poll confirms what I have long felt: that the Cowboys are the classiest fans in the Big 12 (and Jayhawks have filled the ******** vacuum left by Nebraska and Mizzou).

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I know this response is not intent of the poll but I have to go to Texas but only because of the game time experience at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. I go one game a year as have friend who is a Texas alum and has season tickets there. They play their fight song with the rhythmic clapping every 5 minutes it seems. You are expected to give the horns up on every good play or on any time out. During every break in the action, they trot out boosters or faculty to the field to give them some award. The announcer never shuts up the whole game due to calling who got the tackle during the action to presenting these boosters/faculty and endless awards.

The best part of the game experience besides seeing an ISU defender drill the Texas quarterback is the banging of this 20 foot diameter drum or whatever size it is.

The fans are actually decent but because they revel and contribute to this annoying game time experience, I am giving it to Texas as most annoying fans.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Actually KU is pretty good at several sports, they just absolutely suck in football lately. They were 500 in Big 12 baseball, winning record in softball, volleyball went to the 2nd round of the NCAA, mens and womens basketball went to the sweet 16 for the second straight year, Mens track was a top 20 team and womens track won the Big 12 indoor and outdoor and the National Championship. But currently football is as bad as it can possibly be.

[video=youtube;RFZrzg62Zj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/video]

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
they have an excellent basketball tradition and evidently found some fine female track athletes this year. as for the secondary major sport, they suck, in spite of what the squawk posted above. they've been swept by k-state like 7 of the last 8 years in baseball. the wbb program is for once competitive, but it's been years. and no one will ever confuse them with isu's program or coach.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
They all suck on the internet. They are all nice in person. My experience anyways.

In my experience they're mostly cool on CF. We have great posters from every other fanbase. Going by CF, K-Staters are the "worst" but still okay. The NU & Methzoo trolls were the worst.*

*UI turds trump all others by miles.