Who got the better deal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who got the best deal of these two trades

• Chicago with Cutler

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Broncos with two first rounders and a third

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • Chiefs with Cassel and Vrabel

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • Patriots with only a second round

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I agree, the Bears aren't going to be magically transformed into a NFC favorite and Orton isn't too shabby on short balls. I don't understand where this myth about the Bears line being terrible comes from. What does everyone think Forte ran behind last year? I know pass blocking and run blocking are different but come on, it wasn't terrible.

That's the point - It's a run-blocking offense that is not terribly great at pass blocking. Orton was 20th in the league last year in taking sacks (sacked 27 times). That doesn't account for how many times Orton got hurried or knocked down. Conversely, Cutler was 2nd in the league last year at taking sacks with only 11. Of course, with Cutler in the West Coast offense it catered to getting the ball out of his hands quickly. Cutler's going to be in for a culture shock this coming season.

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
As a Bears fan first and a Broncos fan second, I think both teams got a decent deal but I really think Denver is screwing up their team. It started with Shanahan getting dumped. I don't think that it's "childish and unprofessional" to be upset about your coach getting canned. I love seeing all of the Bears' haters in all these threads trying to pull out every little reason why this is going to be bad for Chicago. I can't believe how many are singing the praises of Orton. Did anyone see him miss Hester about 5 different times last year where he was 10 yards behind the defense but couldn't get the ball in his hands? If you really know and watch the Bears you can see that this is a slam dunk deal for Chicago.

I can completely understand being upset about your coach getting canned. What I was referring to was the tantrem he threw when he found out that McDaniels was inquiring about Cassel's availability. And Cutler had previously decided to go to the media with his beef with Brandon Marshall instead of handling it behind closed doors. Jay Cutler is immature & unprofessional. Plain and simple. Now lets move on to Orton. Before his injury last season, he was a very solid QB and was having a coming out year. Then he sprained his ankle and the Bears threw him in there before they should have. Orton will be a solid QB in Denver.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
As far as deals go, gotta go with the Chiefs.

They get a potential franchise QB and a aging LB that can help out on the field and in the locker room. He knows what it takes to win Championships.

Plus they only give up a second round pick.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
i think orton will start this year using their first round picks this year on defense, and draft a qb in the first round next year. As a denver fan, I LOVE THIS MOVE!

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
i think orton will start this year using their first round picks this year on defense, and draft a qb in the first round next year. As a denver fan, I LOVE THIS MOVE!
I don't know if I love it yet, I'll wait to see some results. But I love the picks, we need some help desperately on defense and two first round picks can get us just that.