Who ends the Season with more W's

Does Iowa or ISU end the season with more wins?

• Total voters

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hoiberg make it his first year? If not...that was the year or the year prior.

Missed first year, was around .500. Was somewhat like this year, good recruiting class signed, couple transfers sitting out a year on the bench and development happening on the floor (assumption is we continue the improvement here).

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Hmmm....

Not looking so good :(

If the Hawks can get to 15 w's it might still get interesting though :)

It's a closer call than I would've expected when this poll was published. I'd still vote ISU now, as I did then.

Using regular season only: Iowa State has an advantage at this point with four games remaining, two at home, more possibilities. Iowa has two it could or should win -- at Minnesota and vs. Northwestern ... both teams are weaker than any ISU faces the rest of the way (TCU, at WVU, OSU, at OU).

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It's a closer call than I would've expected when this poll was published. I'd still vote ISU now, as I did then.

Using regular season only: Iowa State has an advantage at this point with four games remaining, two at home, more possibilities. Iowa has two it could or should win -- at Minnesota and vs. Northwestern ... both teams are weaker than any ISU faces the rest of the way (TCU, at WVU, OSU, at OU).

I could see ISU winning the 2 at home to get to 15.

The Hawks? Probably a split to get to 14 and I'll predict we win 1 in the BTT to get to 15.

Is the b12 tourney in KC? If so the Clones "take the title" by winning 1 in KC.

Sad season.....

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

I agree it's closer than I thought it would be, but I also thought Iowa would get more wins than Iowa State. At this point, I think Iowa State has the edge.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Must be nice, ISU gets to play the 4 teams directly ahead of them in the Big 12 standings 8 times total.

Iowa only had the fortune of playing the 4 teams directly ahead of them in the B1G standings 5 times.

ISU has no Top 5 opponents all season long, Iowa has had 2.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Must be nice, ISU gets to play the 4 teams directly ahead of them in the Big 12 standings 8 times total.

Iowa only had the fortune of playing the 4 teams directly ahead of them in the B1G standings 5 times.

If you don't work for a politician's PR department, you should!

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

And those 4 teams ahead of Iowa State have RPI's of 98, 52, 32, and 22.... What a gift... Man, the Big 12 is a gauntlet this year!

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis

Fair point, but you also get to play Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Maryland, Nebraska, and Penn State, all of whom are maybe on par or worse than the Big12's 7-10 teams..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron