Who do YOU want?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who do you want to win?

• Jerome Tiller

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Steele Jantz

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • Jared Barnett

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • James Capello

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Clones21

Votes: 15 10.4%

• Total voters

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
I want Barnett or one of the freshman because that would mean they are pretty efing good, and we would have 4 more years of the guy.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Richardson and Jantz both really impressed me in their highlight videos. Both run spread offenses and run them well. I would pull for Richardson to get a redshirt and Jantz to start the next couple years IF he can earn the spot from Tiller.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Richardson and Jantz both really impressed me in their highlight videos. Both run spread offenses and run them well. I would pull for Richardson to get a redshirt and Jantz to start the next couple years IF he can earn the spot from Tiller.
But this is not Tiller's spot. This is wide open for anybody. They are all equal at this point and will go at it this summer and spring.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
I can't believe the convo we are getting at 1 am, love it. Only with controversy can we get a discussion this late. I voted for Steele, but I don't give a rat's *** who it is as long as they are smart and can handle the pressure of guiding a program FORWARD.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm going to evade the poll as several others did — whoever is best-suited for the team's success.

I guess if I was forced to choose, I would love J-Tiller to be The Guy just because he has stuck with it as a backup, has game experience, has been in the Rhoads System for two years and has obvious athletic ability.

Looking at the bigger picture, if it's better to develop other players for long-term continuity who may be a better natural fit for the system, I'd go there.

If I went purely by Coolest Name, I choose Steele Jantz :yes:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'm a Tiller fan boy so I'm pulling for JT. I honestly don't care as long as we win. I'm getting more encouraged about Steele the more I hear about him.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
Steele Jantz, simply because that would give us the QB with the best name in the Big 12.

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
Assuming the best QB is the one that starts, I want it to be Barnett. That way we have 4 years of our best option.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Are you guys serious? You don't have one guy in your mind that you're pulling for? There just has to be. Now why don't you tell us all who that is.

No, I don't. I could care less who wins the battle. I don't favor one over the other. I just want someone that can run the offense, be a leader, and that can win.

Of course, it doesn't matter who the QB is if the OL and WR units don't improve as well

kkise

Jun 25, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I pick Tiller, as he has the most experience, for what it's worth. That being said, I agree with several posters on here in I want whomever gives us the best chance to win.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jared Barnett. He is the guy this staff wanted. Capello was a late addition the first year, and Jantz is a late addition this year. If Barnett is successful, it says good things about the way our staff is recruiting for this team.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Who do YOU want to win the QB battle? This thread is not about who you think is going to win. It's about who you WANT to win. As of now I am really really pulling for Steele Jantz to come in and just win the job. I would just really like the JUCO to come in and win the job. I would also like to prove to the Tiller lovers that he's not the anwser. If Tiller does win the job I will eat my words. I just want Steele to win the job.

The way the question is asked the only answer can be Sam Richardson. I KNOW CPR is going to put the QB who gives us the best chance to win now. So assuming that's the case I have to hope it is one of the freshman so he'll have 4 years. All else being equal, make it a true freshman in case he gets hurt along the way and needs to burn a redshirt year.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I look at this question like your asking me to choose one of my kids over another. Other than Tiller we haven't seen anyone perform at this level of competition. My hope is we have a clear cut winner coming out of spring ball.