• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The other thing we can hope for is OSU getting beat down so bad they don't recover and drop another game. That way if we lose to Texas and beat West Virginia it's a 3-way tie with OU and Texas. However, I think we still lose out because it will be record against the #4 team, which would be OSU.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We are we out if we lose to Texas and ISU, Texas and OU are all 7-2?

Seems we'd have a decent shot with tie break criteria and if we lose to Texas it's looking like that three way tie is very likely.
The problem is the #4 team would be OSU. The tiebreaker is:
*Texas and OU both beat OSU, and we lost to them.
*Between OU and Texas, OU gets the #1 seed because they beat Texas.
*After that, between ISU and Texas, Texas is the #2 seed because they beat ISU.

Last edited:
Reactions: agentbear

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'll bet that Matt Campbell wants to beat Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship. Beat the best!
There is no doubt beating OU for the title would be the greatest thing ever. Winning a Big 12 title regardless of who we would do it against is truly what matters. But beating OU twice in the same season? Hell yes!

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
It’s really pretty simple. Beat Texas and were in. West Virginia wouldn’t even matter. Lose to Texas and it’s possible, but really small odds.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
We've played great against OU for several years. No hesitation. Do it!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Aclone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Pretty simple,
if OU wins, we have a chance to finish in 1st.
If OSU wins we have a chance to finish 2nd, unless someone else beats them, which would be doubtful.
Ultimately I like finishing first, who we play is coincidental.
Everything depends on the Texas game,
we lose we are all but eliminated from championship, baring a miracle.
we win we are guaranteed the championship game.

The West Virginia game is for bragging rights, but is mostly meaningless after the Texas game as far as the standings go, baring something extremely crazy even for 2020.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Give me OU. That way we have a chance at an outright regular season conference championship.

OU is playing well. But so are we. First up, let’s see what happens in Austin on Friday.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
There is no doubt beating OU for the title would be the greatest thing ever. Winning a Big 12 title regardless of who we would do it against is truly what matters. But beating OU twice in the same season? Hell yes!

I told my wife this tonight. How many times have we even beaten OU since we've been playing them. Imagine beating them twice in one year.

Reactions: Aclone

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Regardless of what happens in this game, I guarantee that OU doesn't want to play us, given how we've battled them in the five matchups under Campbell. And there's not an ounce of hyperbole in that statement. Riley has night terrors featuring Heacock.

Reactions: Nothingman