who do we want to play in the 1st round of the big12 tournament?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree that we are likely the 3,4 or 5 seed.

In that case we will be playing one of the following:

Oklahoma
Texas
K-State
OSU
West Virginia

I don't really think it matters who we play from that list. It'll be a good game regardless and there are no pushovers there.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
Also would like WVU the most. They'll have the longest trip, near-zero fan support, and they've been the least consistent of our possible matchups throughout the season.

Next favorite opponent might be OSU -- depending on our game in Ames. If we beat them, give me another game with them. KSU would be next, but don't like that it's in KC.

OU and Texas would be coin flips IMO.

With every game, not only could we lose, but we could lose big.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Also would like WVU the most. They'll have the longest trip, near-zero fan support, and they've been the least consistent of our possible matchups throughout the season.

Next favorite opponent might be OSU -- depending on our game in Ames. If we beat them, give me another game with them. KSU would be next, but don't like that it's in KC.

I don't see us possibly losing big to anyone but KU.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa

This is important to remember. ISU matches up well with K-State but we're going to be playing in their backyard (but do you suppose the Kansas fans would root for us against the Wildcats?) For that reason I would rather play West Virginia.

I'd prefer to play, in order, TCU, Tech, West Virginia, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and then Kansas State.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I am still surprised so many people are so excited about the conference tourney. It is the most meaningless games of the year. They should be eliminated and the actual conference champ should get the a****id.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I am still surprised so many people are so excited about the conference tourney. It is the most meaningless games of the year. They should be eliminated and the actual conference champ should get the a****id.

Can't say auto bid? Filter is strung a bit tight, I see.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I am still surprised so many people are so excited about the conference tourney.

Why? It's good basketball in a fun setting with a championship on the line.

P.S. For some reason you can't say u-t-o-b on here. You ****ing ****. (I just called you a u-tobing u-tob.)

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009

Whatttt. I love conference tournaments. It's a mini-NCAA with your biggest rivals only. Bragging rights are still at stake even though the regular season is settled. Also a final opportunity to up your seed. A loss doesn't mean much, but wins can be very beneficial.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Why? It's good basketball in a fun setting with a championship on the line.

P.S. For some reason you can't say u-t-o-b on here. You ****ing ****. (I just called you a u-tobing u-tob.)

I think KU fans likely have a skewed view of the importance of the tourney. I think you take it for granted.