Who are these refs?!?!?!?

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
Anybody else think the refs did a great job tonight?
I thought they had a few no calls, but it went both ways.
Only call I didn't like was the foul on Babb on that 4 point play.
Besides, the team played GREAT tonight. How about we bring our frustrations to Hilton when KU comes to ames?

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Yes some calls did not go our way, but make your ******* free throws and we win in reg, or ******* foul instead let them hit a last second three.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Really the only horrible calls I saw were the 4 point play and Lucious getting trucked. Other than that I thought for the most part it was called both ways

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
anyone who doesn't know the definition of "homecooking" in sports...just watch that KU home game. wow. 29-17 foul advantage -- and that was with KU fouling for the entire last minutes of regulation! You cannot win games that way. our guys outplayed them and would've won by 20-25 if we got that same homecooking in Hilton...

I know we sucked in up in OT, but this game never should've been close to OT. refs got paid to keep that one close to the end.

Last edited:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Really the only horrible calls I saw were the 4 point play and Lucious getting trucked. Other than that I thought for the most part it was called both ways

images

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Better that I expected... That being said Janssen is a horrible official. Cringe whenever we get stuck with him

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Isn't it funny that the game was called pretty fair until the 5 minute mark in the second half? Then it just goes to ***** for ISU. It's too bad it really is I see why Kansas has a 30 game home win streak or whatever it is. This is a prime example of why I never cheer for Kansas even in the NCAA Tournament.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
The refs were biased toward KU most of the game, but really not to the level that they usually are. But then in the last five minutes and the first couple minutes of OT, they really put their thumb down. They were embarrassingly biased during that period. They had to feel like total hacks for doing it.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I told my wife before this game that in order to beat Kansas, you have to actually beat them by 12-15 points, because the refs will provide them with that much of a buffer throughout the game. I would say that was about right for this game, if not a conservative estimate.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
It's more than home cooking with KU. KU gets "home cooking" when they are on the road (just like Duke does). But in the Phog, it is a really fancy restaurant with as many courses as the need.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
You really do got to play about perfect in lawrence during crunch time...sadly this happens at quite a few places in all sports.....

When games like this happen, I get even more excited about this teams potential as we missed quite a few around the rim shots......I'll be just a little bit louder and more vocal when cheering on ISTATE to a hard fought victory against Texas.:smile:

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
We outplayed them in reg and really deserved to win this game...it sucks we didn't. The calls or lack of that bothered me was the illegal screen called on us in the first half on Booker and then had to watch Young for KU stand at the top of the key and make the same step out screens the entire 2nd half without one illegal screen being called. Not really a big deal but a lack of consistency is what bothers me, either call it or don't but calling one and ignoring others is bad officiating.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron