who all played this year from the 2010 class?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Having only a few isn't a bad thing. We redshirted some quality players and keeping them off the field and in the weight room will pay dividends in the coming years.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Having only a few isn't a bad thing. We redshirted some quality players and keeping them off the field and in the weight room will pay dividends in the coming years.

This! It's nice to have freshman step up and surprise you by playing well, it's another to have to RELY on them to. Hopefully gone are the days that Iowa State requires freshman to come it and produce (a la Bret Meyer/Todd Blythe) right away. Having those guys on the sideline and in the weightroom will pay off for them and our program's success in the long run.

sp8815

Apr 10, 2006
Blythe and Meyer were both redshirts, but that is a good example of why it is nice to be able to redshirt.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I'm really excited about the five offensive linemen that redshirted. (Gannon, Dika, Loth, Graham, and Farniok)

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
I'm really excited about the five offensive linemen that redshirted. (Gannon, Dika, Loth, Graham, and Farniok)

I pray to god we have a good line next year, with 3/5ths returning I hope some guys can step in and our starters improve. I really see that as a key as to how our young qb (whoever it may be) will perform, and providing holes for our running backs which should be one of our strengths.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It is good to see JUCO or frosh u r not guaranteed u won't get RS, show how Rhoads is commit to building this program for the long haul, love it!!!!

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
It is good to see JUCO or frosh u r not guaranteed u won't get RS, show how Rhoads is commit to building this program for the long haul, love it!!!!

From what CPR has said, a kid won't get redshirted unless the kid agrees to it.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
From what CPR has said, a kid won't get redshirted unless the kid agrees to it.

I am not saying the kids are forced into it, I am more saying the approach he is taking is to build depth, for the future.... And I appreciate that....