MLB: White Sox to Trade Guillen to Marlins

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Honestly though, throughout the years some former MLB player always seems to grace the managing ranks rather easily and most of the time did not spend a lot of years in the minors working on up to the majors.

Sandberg has done that, and has had his team perform and finish very well over the past couple of years. He is a Chicago guy too. Hey, Stoney is now a White Sox...(yes I know he played for them too, which makes it great to see him calling Sox games now)....but why not Ryne? I really hope his name is in the mix.

The White Sox have plenty of talent to win the division, we need to get the right fit in Chicago again and get after the Tigers.

Last edited:

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Here is a very good read.
Ozzie Guillen shows himself the door - South Side Sox

I will agree with Jim in this article that it isn't the way I saw Ozzie leaving.

I agree with this article...but even Konerko stated something about Ozzie just got worn down from the tension with the front office.

No matter how much he loves/loved the White Sox and Chicago...if he is truly getting a 4 year $16 million contract...he had no choice! He had to go!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cora is going to Florida with Ozzie. This doesn't really matter.

Knew that and agree to an extent. I don't agree with how KW delivered the message! A text? Was he afraid to speak to Cora? That is the point of my post...I don't really even think an MLB team even needs a manager for the last two games in this situation (which we don't have one because Don Cooper has NEVER managed a game in the majors or minors).

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Knew that and agree to an extent. I don't agree with how KW delivered the message! A text? Was he afraid to speak to Cora? That is the point of my post...I don't really even think an MLB team even needs a manager for the last two games in this situation (which we don't have one because Don Cooper has NEVER managed a game in the majors or minors).

Since it's understood Cora is leaving for Florida, I highly doubt he was 'afraid to talk to Cora.' He essentially gave Cora two free vacation days. He's a former player and longtime coach, and there have never been reports of a poor relationship. Seems like it's much ado about nothing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron