White Eyeing Return To The Court

CycloneFanatic

Prospect
Aug 10, 2009
AMES, Iowa- Finals week is officially over, putting to bed the 2010-11 season for the Iowa State men's basketball team. After a couple of weeks, most of the Cyclone basketball players will return to Ames for the summer in preparation for the 2011-12 campaign, and you arguably won't find a more excited Cyclone than Royce White. White sat out last season as a redshirt transfer and is ready to put his individual stamp on the program. White recently sat down with cyclones.com and talked about the excitement for next season.

More...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Wow. This line sticks out.

"I think we are going to shock a lot of people. Maybe some people don't give us the credit we deserve because we are kind of the misfit bunch. I feel bad those other guys are getting tied in as misfits, because I am the real misfit. I think a lot of heat we are catching from that media-wise and what people are saying on the message boards and things like that is because of me. I am excited about playing with these guys. We are excited and we are hungry."

That is a kid who is owning his past mistakes. He's not making excuses. I absolutely cannot wait to see Royce on the floor. You can tell that he just wants to tear **** up. He's going to be a great one.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Royce White

I found this to be an interesting quote from Royce in his cyclones.com interview:

Talk about how important it was for you to have other players like Chris Allen, Chris Babb and Anthony Booker being in the same position as you as transfers sitting out?
"I think we are going to shock a lot of people. Maybe some people don't give us the credit we deserve because we are kind of the misfit bunch. I feel bad those other guys are getting tied in as misfits, because I am the real misfit. I think a lot of heat we are catching from that media-wise and what people are saying on the message boards and things like that is because of me. I am excited about playing with these guys. We are excited and we are hungry."

I personally think this quote here shows a lot of maturity in the guy. Hopefully Royce has really turned things around in his life. It seems like he has so far, but sometimes it is tough to tell.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron