Which movie best represents its era...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Which of the below movies do you thinks best represents the time period of high school during that era? The choices are:
60's - American Graffiti
70's - Dazed & Confused
80's - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
90's - Clueless

My personal fave is Dazed & Confused. Great movie and great soundtrack. If anyone wants to add a poll, please do so...

Dazed and Confused is by far my favorite out of them. I think the Breakfast Club represents high school much better in the 80s than Fast Times. Out of the 90's I prefer American Pie.

Cy Heavy

Aug 29, 2006
Ankeny
Dazed and Confused, The Program and Tommy Boy were all pretty popular movies that seemed to sum up, in odd ways, my high school years (graduated HS in 96)

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I think 10,000 B.C. does a bang-up job of representing its era... :biglaugh:

Reading your post made me think about the movie One Million Years B.C.

Oh to be a caveman with her!!

250rachel,0.jpg

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
And that's actually a good movie, plot-wise.

I watched it for the first time ever 3 years ago...went out and bought it the next day! Loved it! I know people think of the movie as a promotion of disco but the movie tells a strong story about urban life in America in the 70s.

Plus...Travolta is so cool!

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
While I am no way stopping the discussion of some of these great movies, but I do want to reiterate that is was to discuss the best movie about high school representing the decade in the movie. Thanks for all the great responses.

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
While I am no way stopping the discussion of some of these great movies, but I do want to reiterate that is was to discuss the best movie about high school representing the decade in the movie. Thanks for all the great responses.

I stand by my answer....1980's - Big Trouble in Little China

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Completely overlooked the high school qualifier, I guess that changes my input (I have a newborn at home and haven't slept much the past week). With this new knowledge, the only one I can offer up is Footloose for the 80s.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I didn't note the HS qualifier either, but have had a blast reading everyone's response. I graduated in 78 and have to say whoever brought up Saturday Night Fever was pretty accurate. I hate to admit it, but I had platform shoes and a leisure suit. Wish I still had 'em.... Frequented The Joker and Uncle Sam's - but the drinking age then was 18.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Help Support Us

Become a patron