Which job is open first: Texas or USC?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
USC lost to Wazzu at the Coliseum last night off a terrible offensive scheme by Kiffin.
Texas was absolutely dominated last night at BYU. Didn't look like a top 25 team at all.

I vote SC because I think he gets fired before the year is over. Mack get's let go after the year but they will spin it to retirement.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Agree with Cyclonin,

Mack is a legend at UT.
Still think he is gone within a year or so, but USC has never had anything really great with Kif

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Mack Brown might be on the hot seat, but at this point I think you can stick a fork in Lane Kiffin. Honestly I don't know how the guy keeps racking up the jobs that he's racked up - Oakland, Tennessee, and now USC. We all know Al Davis was going senile in death, but firing Kiffin after one year makes him look better and better.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Mack Brown from Austin texas is toast baby and I mean toast, maybe before the season has concluded, beating the okies will not keep his job in Austin, only winning a natl championship will save his job and that's not possible with a defense that cant stop the run...Goodbye Mack Goodbye...lol

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does anyone else think the likely candidates would be Nick Saban at Texas and Steve Sarkisian at USC?

I would think Saban is probably set at Bama, might try NFL once more for his ego.
Sark and Chris Peterson would have to at the minimum be on SC's short list.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
Still, Kiffin>>>>>>Mess

Lane Kiffin is a giant turd who has rode the coattails of his father's success. Just look at his career record and explain how he still has a head coaching job at USC. He makes Charlie Weis look like Bear Bryant.

I would also be willing to wager that he was directly involved in Reggie Bush's pay for play scandal. Clones21 - you are bad and should feel bad for these comments.

Last edited:

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I stayed up and listened to a Wazzu postgame show online. Leach clearly has the people associated with that university excited. I always root for them and Oregon State in the Pac12.