Which ISU program will be most exciting

Which will add the most excitement next year?

• FB

Votes: 78 50.0%
  • MBB

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • WBB

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Wrestling

Votes: 16 10.3%

• Total voters

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
I don't know how to make a poll. Could someone who does generate a poll for which program , FB, MBB, WBB, Wrestling, fans believe will generate the most fan excitement next year? Looks to me like one or more of them has the potential for a really exciting year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Re: Which ISU program will be most exciting--`

That's a good question. For me, the answer comes down to interest. I'm most interested to see how our MBB team does with the new recruits and Lucca.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA

For me the one I am most interested to see what happens in is wrestling. I think womens bball might be the one that will go the furthest in the tourney. I am most excited about football but not for a year or two.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Wrestling has the best chance to be "most exciting" as far as success goes. But, for most Cyclone fans (not including me), wrestling is an afterthought. So, I voted for WBB because it looks like they have a good chance of making a decent post-season run and some Cyclone fans actually pay attention to them. For me, I'm most excited about FB just because that's the next sport up and I can't wait to tailgate:smile:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

For me the one I am most interested to see what happens in is wrestling. I think womens bball might be the one that will go the furthest in the tourney. I am most excited about football but not for a year or two.

Dang, I type too slow.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Wrestling has the best chance to be "most exciting" as far as success goes. But, for most Cyclone fans (not including me), wrestling is an afterthought. So, I voted for WBB because it looks like they have a good chance of making a decent post-season run and some Cyclone fans actually pay attention to them. For me, I'm most excited about FB just because that's the next sport up and I can't wait to tailgate:smile:

So, you are most excited about football but voted for WBB??? The question was which will be the most exciting not who will go the furthest success wise.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

FB because even when losing, football is the best sport.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

So, you are most excited about football but voted for WBB??? The question was which will be the most exciting not who will go the furthest success wise.

The question was vague so I replied vaguely.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika

MBB is always the most exciting. There are always a few nail biters through out the season. Football is fun, but I don't think it can generate the excitement a good basketball game can. Unless.....they run a statue of liberty play for a winning touchdown with no time left on the clock.

If we are talking about a full season. I think it depends on who makes a postseason tourney/bowl. I'll have to play it on the conservative side and say WBB also.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

If the football team wins 6 or more games next year, it will win this contest without even a fight.

If the football team wins 5 or less games, it will depend on how those games were won and how the other games were lost.

Having said all that, I think the football team will easily win this contest. While WBB and Wrestling are going to have some great seasons, they just can't overtake the excitement generated by football or MBB. And I still don't think MBB is ready to generate excitement.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia

football. Time to rip some heads off. Beeeeeyaaaaah.
But basketball is a close second
"Jordan for the win... Its good, its good!!!!!!"
Both sports are amazing

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

WBB has excitement? ;)

Football should be exciting. Basketball will probably be frustrating:(

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

I think G-Mac will have sucess with the BB program but the advancment in the last 2 years has been slow. WIth the FB program you could see them get better EVERY week (except the Texas game). If they progress like that next year we will be in for a treat.

cyclonewinger

Apr 16, 2008
Ames, Ia
the most excitment would have to be our wrestling program, winning the big 12 again and only coming 6 seconds from taking 2nd at Natoinals is a pretty good feat. Hopefully we can continue the success next year. As for football and basketball, i don't feel they are going to bring the excitment or the opportunity as our wrestling program will. We are young, but it would be nice to see improvements from last year in both sports.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i wish i was going to be around to watch all this because i think this could be a awesome year for all sports, but i honestly went with WBB and here is why
i dont follow Wrestling that much..
and of MBB and FB we are just hoping and expecting..

with WBB we know they are good and we know everyone is coming back, and we know we are going to be competing in the top of the big 12, and there is a good chance that they will be back in the big dance..

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Tough question...

Football is best environment and most fun to follow
MBB has the most to gain
Wrestling has the biggest chance to achieve nationally
WBB will be the best TEAM