Which browser are you currently using and why?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My computer had a terrible virus in January and I had to take it to the computer shop. They told me that Firefox was the absolute worst one to use.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
My computer had a terrible virus in January and I had to take it to the computer shop. They told me that Firefox was the absolute worst one to use.
Worst because you had a virus?

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I'm using the metro version of internet explorer on my surface pro... and it ROCKS!!!! Otherwise I use chrome exclusively on all other devices (except my windows phone.. then it's IE again

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Thus far Chrome seems nice. I want to center bookmarks in bookmarks bar though.

And when I dial in - my Snake game freezes on like the third whirring sound.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
firefox.

because no$cript and treestyletabs are not available on chrome.

Also in the process of testing Sleipner because any browser named for Norse mythology must, by definition, rock.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Currently using IE 8 on my Windows XP machine for work.

I wish I was joking. At least the laptop itself is brand-spanking new.

We must work at a similar place.

They recently allowed us to download Chrome saying you could us it to "test how web content looks to external customers". I have nothing to do with our external web but I downloaded it anyway.

One question - I occasionally use it check my gmail etc and log in. Chrome then logs in and syncs browsing history etc. I think it's a great feature except occasionally there may be something there I don't want showing up in my browsing history at work (use your imagination) - any good ways to prevent this?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
firefox.

because no$cript and treestyletabs are not available on chrome.

Also in the process of testing Sleipner because any browser named for Norse mythology must, by definition, rock.

No$cript is awesome. Once you get it set up the way you want it, it's really really nice..

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Skeptical of this...nothing from my experience nor anything I have read would suggest this. Maybe I am a selective reader though because I swear by Firefox!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Chrome, because I love the syncing across machines. At work, I do most browsing on Chrome, but have to use IE for Sharepoint to work right.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
No$cript is awesome. Once you get it set up the way you want it, it's really really nice..

Chrome does have something like it - but it doesn't quite work the same. For me the fact that you cannot get an extension to show tabs down the side rather than across the top is a deal breaker.

No$cript is probably as good at keeping malware off of machines as any antivirus software and everybody should use either it or something that works like it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Chrome does have something like it - but it doesn't quite work the same. For me the fact that you cannot get an extension to show tabs down the side rather than across the top is a deal breaker.

No$cript is probably as good at keeping malware off of machines as any antivirus software and everybody should use either it or something that works like it.

Can I get you to tell that to my wife? I have been trying to sell her on No$cript and LastPass for about 2 years now, but I can't seem to get past the "It's too much work" argument.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Can I get you to tell that to my wife? I have been trying to sell her on No$cript and LastPass for about 2 years now, but I can't seem to get past the "It's too much work" argument.

Well, here are my issues:

1. It's on Firefox. Which I hate.
2. You have incredibly convoluted passwords set up for everything, and you don't know what they are. What do you do when you need to quickly log into something from a machine that isn't yours? The answer is, you make me sign in.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Well, here are my issues:

1. It's on Firefox. Which I hate.
2. You have incredibly convoluted passwords set up for everything, and you don't know what they are. What do you do when you need to quickly log into something from a machine that isn't yours? The answer is, you make me sign in.

On chrome, their equivalent is "not$cripts"

It's close to a work a like, but not quite the same.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm using Netscape Navigator and thinking about taking up Chrome.

Somebody sell me.
Was a long time Firefox user. Their lack of a viable mobile option caused me to switch to Chrome. I liked that I could setup my bookmarks at home and take them with me on my mobile device.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I download firefox every so often trying to like it, but honestly it seems slow compared to chrome.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

password_strength.png