Where would ISU finish in the Big 10 this year?

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The amount of homerism in this thread is reh-tarded.

ISU will be lucky to finish 3rd in the Big 12 North this year with only Nebbie being ranked. (and IMO an overrated ranking at that)

ISU would be heavily overmatched against OSU, Wisky, Penn St, and Iowa. ISU would be decently overmatched against Michigan St. and probably even Northwestern or Michigan.

Right in the pack and maybe even a little bit better than Minny, Illinois, Purdue, & Indiana. Which is where we would find ourselves year in and year out.

I know it's July and everyone is getting antsy but I think some optimists around here better temper their expectations, or else it could be a long fall.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, some of you guys need to step back from the kool-aid bar, you are being grossly overserved.

Better than Iowa, Wisconsin and PSU? :biglaugh:

Does being a troll ever get old?

While at times he comes off as "trollish", in this thread he's a friggin' voice of reason. Some of you, including you, have gone COMPLETELY off your rocker if you honestly think that we'd be top 3 in the Big 10 this year.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I think Iowa has proven over the past decade that they are top tier in the Big Ten (I believe they have 4 top ten finishes and a BCS Bowl win), much to my chagrin. And ISU has won 7 of the last 12 against the Squawks, so I'd say it's a pretty fair assumption.

Iowa has won 5 of the last 7 and in the most recent contest, pounded ISU by over 30 points in Ames. So to say ISU would be in the top tier along with Iowa, because they've played Iowa well recently, which they haven't, would not be a fair assumption, it would be a dumb assumption.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Iowa has won 5 of the last 7 and in the most recent contest, pounded ISU by over 30 points in Ames. So to say ISU would be in the top tier along with Iowa, because they've played Iowa well recently, which they haven't, would not be a fair assumption, it would be a dumb assumption.

I've had about enough of Hawk fans coming on here raining on our parade. If it weren't for 35 unanswered points last year we would have beaten you 3-0. :biggrin:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Man this thread took a turn after about two and a half pages. I think the main consensus is the highest we could finish is 5th depending on the schedule, but most can see finishing around 5th through 9th.... Leave up for CycloneNC and CPRsavedmylife to be complete morons.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I prefer honest.

How in gods name have we even proven we are just behind OSU, PSU and Iowa? We'd be maybe closest to MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin but still be under them. More like Purdue/Northwestern esque, and a bit above Indiana/Illiniois/ Minnesota. To think any differently based off how we've been playing lately is foolish.

Jun 2, 2010
Jack Trice Stadium
How in gods name have we even proven we are just behind OSU, PSU and Iowa? We'd be maybe closest to MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin but still be under them. More like Purdue/Northwestern esque, and a bit above Indiana/Illiniois/ Minnesota. To think any differently based off how we've been playing lately is foolish.

Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure, but I think the Big 12 is a stronger conference than the Big 10, thus the reason we have struggled.