Where would ISU finish in the Big 10 this year?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I was talking to my father-in-law (who is a huge Hawk fan) last night and he asked where in the Big 10 conference ISU would finish, I thought 5th behind OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. He thought 4th behind Wisconsin. He lives in Eastern Iowa and he said alot of Hawk fans actually think ISU would be a solid team in the Big 10 this year, what do you guys think, is 4th about right?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Definitely behind: tOSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisc, MSU, MU (will be better this year)
Close to teams: Il, NW, Minn
Better than: Purdue, In

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Definitely behind: tOSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisc, MSU, MU (will be better this year)
Close to teams: Il, NW, Minn
Better than: Purdue, In
Agree, except for PSU, they are gonna have a long year.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
Your definitely better than are Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, and Minnesota, so that moves you up to eighth.

Your not as good as Ohio St, Iowa, Penn St, Wisconsin, and Michigan St.

Somewhere between 6th and 8th in a group with Michigan and Northwestern...

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
well the obvious ones we're ahead of Purdue, IN, IL, NW, and MN. so at least 7th...and give us possibly a win against MSU, MU, and Wisconsin.

My vote is 5th or 6th.

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
If ISU were in Big 10 this year I'd say:
1.Iowa
1. OSU
3.Wisconsin
4.Penn State
5. Michigan State
6. Michigan
7. Iowa State
8. Northwester
9. Purdue
10. Illinois
11. Indiana
12. Minnesota

I could see ISU either 6th or 8th too, depending on if they play Michigan/N'westen at home or on the road. I don't see ISU beating any of the top 4 at home or on the road, however, I think they could get MSU or Michigan at home, but not on the road.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Your definitely better than are Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, and Minnesota, so that moves you up to eighth.

Your not as good as Ohio St, Iowa, Penn St, Wisconsin, and Michigan St.

Somewhere between 6th and 8th in a group with Michigan and Northwestern...

This^^

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I was talking to my father-in-law (who is a huge Hawk fan) last night and he asked where in the Big 10 conference ISU would finish, I thought 5th behind OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. He thought 4th behind Wisconsin. He lives in Eastern Iowa and he said alot of Hawk fans actually think ISU would be a solid team in the Big 10 this year, what do you guys think, is 4th about right?

Your father-in-law is a LIER.

Hawk fans have ZERO respect for ISU and would pick ISU to finish dead last, right behind the Hoosiers and Gohpers.

Didn't you get the MEMO. The Big 10 is "The Best FRICKIN' FOOTBALL CONFERENCE in AMERICA." :biglaugh:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Your father-in-law is a LIER.

Hawk fans have ZERO respect for ISU and would pick ISU to finish dead last, right behind the Hoosiers and Gohpers.

Didn't you get the MEMO. The Big 10 is "The Best FRICKIN' FOOTBALL CONFERENCE in AMERICA." :biglaugh:
IC you are right, but not in CR.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Consensus seems to be in the area of 7th.

I'm curious about our fictional W-L ... and whether it'd be better than our Big12 record this season

Interesting thing to consider: If ISU was in the B11 right now, it'd be divisional. Let's assume it's set up East-West, and we have the "brutal" rotation, and similar to our B12 slate this season. What's the W-L with this:

vs. Illinois*
Penn State
@Michigan
@Ohio State
Wisconsin
@Northwestern
Minnesota
@Iowa

*"neutral site" — St. Louis
(Also note: Illinois is technically "home," the reverse of the KSU situation, for home/road balance)

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Consensus seems to be in the area of 7th.

I'm curious about our fictional W-L ... and whether it'd be better than our Big12 record this season

Interesting thing to consider: If ISU was in the B11 right now, it'd be divisional. Let's assume it's set up East-West, and we have the "brutal" rotation, and similar to our B12 slate this season. What's the W-L with this:

vs. Illinois*
Penn State
@Michigan
@Ohio State
Wisconsin
@Northwestern
Minnesota
@Iowa

*"neutral site" — St. Louis
(Also note: Illinois is technically "home," the reverse of the KSU situation, for home/road balance)

W
W
L
L
L
L
W
L

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron