Where will we be when we enter Big XII BB?

What's our record going to be as we head into the Texas Tech game?

• 7-5 "Team Death"

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 8-4 Major melt down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-3 To much Sun in Hawaii

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 10-2 1/2 way to the Dance!

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • 11-1 Cyclone Warning!

Votes: 126 40.0%
  • 12-0 BEAST MODE!

Votes: 145 46.0%

• Total voters

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This team is weird. It's so different than last year. How many coaches can lose 3 guards who got a shot at the NBA, plus the best 6th man in the country, and come back the next season and do what Fred has done? I honestly wasn't expecting us to be 10-0. I thought we would just barely get into the big dance this year. I know we are far from being in, but I thought the "experts" had it right when they picked us 4th/5th in the Big 12. I put this years success all on our coach. He can take whats given to him, and get the most out of every single player. Actually, Fred has had 4 completely different teams in 4 years. The more I think about it, the more impressed I am. He will have a coaching job in the NBA waiting for him sooner than we think.

I think he already does. Just a matter of when and if. I don't think he will do that for 8-10 years if at all. He is already a legend. He will have buildings named for him if he stays long enough. This is the fourth different style of team in four years, and with what we lost, we really had no business expecting this kind of start.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Some have labeled CFH the next Krzyzewski (only this time building the dynasty at ISU)
Fred's already a multimillionaire, I don't know if he'd bolt for the NBA if it came down to money.
I just thought he was comfortable here in Ames.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
12-0. Call me a homer, Kool-aid addict, whatever - I don't care. As I look at the remaining games before conference play, I just don't see a game that makes me say "OMG no way we win that without a miracle". I was one that thought we'd lose the Michigan and BYU games - "Too soon in the season", I says. "Too many new faces", I says. Well, this team has proved me wrong every step of the way. Couple that with Fred's various comments about the focus and intensity level of this team and the fact that they all REALLY care about each other - I just don't see how we drop a stinker against a mediocre team. Upcoming slate:

UNI - KenPom rating (94)
Good, but not great UNI team. Have to win this one - no excuses.

Iowa - KenPom rating (10)
This will be our toughest test since BYU/Michigan.
However, it's in Hilton and we are battle-tested.

George Mason - (112)

Road test, time zone differences, tournament atmosphere makes this a bit tricky. But we all know how our last 'tricky' game played out against UMKC.

Oregon St (103) / Akron (132)
Same level of competition as George Mason. If we get past GM, we keep rolling to champ game.

Boise St (56) / St. Mary's (40) / South Carolina (101)
This is for all the marbles. Any of the three would be tough but I'd love to see a Frank Martin team in the finals against Hoiberg. Two great coaches, would be a great game. If we lose one in Hawaii, it would be this game.

Northern Illinois (325)
Woof.

My Horn. I toot it.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Bookmarking this thread to return to after the NIU loss on 12/31.