Where will we be ranked Monday?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
He has us at #22. We have beaten 7 ranked teams and are 8-4 against top 50 teams (only Kansas has more top 50 wins with 11)

He has Louisville at #7. They have beaten 1 ranked team and they are 4-4 against top 50 teams.

Oookkaaayy, buddy.
That is an absolute joke.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
seth_Davis_.jpg

"I'm going to drop Iowa State despite winning both games just to show those Iowa State fans whose boss! Take that Cyclone fans!" #trolled

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
In my opinion, SDSU should drop a good 10 spots after getting manhandled by New Mexico, an unranked team. St. Louis doesn't deserve its ranking for barely beating George Mason. I think we will pass Michigan State after they lost to Michigan. Iowa will fall behind us as well. My guess is St. Louis stays ahead but SDSU doesn't and we surpass MSU and Iowa to move to #14.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Man, top to bottom those CBS ratings make so much more sense than the AP or coaches poll.

Yes, they do. The only one that I really question is why Texas was 22 last week and went up to 21? My guess, based on the quality of his overall rankings, is that he fully reviews each team and maybe evaluated Texas too low last week and corrected it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Last week, I predicted ISU would be higher than it was, this week I thought it'd be lower.

So don't listen to me anymore. :smile:

I was wrong about MSU/U-M result -- dropped Michigan State five slots after Michigan loss, and still kept Michigan below ISU.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm comfortable with that ranking and the teams ranked ahead of us. no glaring mistakes, anyway.

Yep, I think its a pretty good poll.

Still don't get why Virginia is so high, especially ahead of us. They have 3 wins against the RPI Top 50. We now have 9(!). They have 1 Top 25 win, we have 3.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yep, I think its a pretty good poll.

Still don't get why Virginia is so high, especially ahead of us. They have 3 wins against the RPI Top 50. We now have 9(!). They have 1 Top 25 win, we have 3.

1 loss in the ACC. even if the ACC isn't as good as it's been, leading that conference carries a lot of weight in the minds of the voters.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I liked it better when we played top 25 teams every week. Maybe we our conference will have to swap some teams again. The rest aren't holding up their end of the bargain.:pwink:

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Honestly, I think a lot of teams at the top of the polls right now are overrated and will get exposed in March. Florida is really good but the SEC is a terrible basketball conference right now. Wichita Sate and Arizona, Saint Louis, and San Diego State are the same story. Good teams, but not facing much competition right now. The Big XII, Big 10, and Big East are probably the best three conferences this year. I think Kansas can beat anyone. If MSU ever get's healthy they are going to be awesome. Wisconsin just remembered how to play defense again and looks like a tough out...God I love this time of year!