Where are the volleyball signings?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
the blog dude said last night they'd be released today.

I'm pretty sure that it's just Monique Harris and Nikki Berta.

Nikki is a libero.....curious to see how she will do as we obviously have some HUGE shoes to fill with Kristen graduating.

Last edited:

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Don't forget about 6'0 OH Alexis Conaway. They actual had a feature on the Cyclones.tv Mediacom channel at around 11:30 am.

Interesting tidbits: Harris is enrolling for the spring semester, and CJL said we're going to have an overseas trip for spring play.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Don't forget about 6'0 OH Alexis Conaway. They actual had a feature on the Cyclones.tv Mediacom channel at around 11:30 am.

Interesting tidbits: Harris is enrolling for the spring semester, and CJL said we're going to have an overseas trip for spring play.

Conaway is playing for another state title tomorrow afternoon, so I would guess she will sign over the weekend or early next week.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

ack! I thought there was another one, but couldn't find mention of her and though I just got mixed up on the UI recruit I had found.

Good luck to Conway at State!

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Volleyball Welcomes Three for 2014 Season - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

here it is!

Alex is #33 on Prepvolleyball - that may be our highest get since Jamie? (Andie Malloy was #35, Bigz was #36). Branen is also listed as a Senior Ace which is pretty good. Interesting that Monique will be enrolling early. Jenelle was definitely a higher ranked setter, but I wonder if CJL is going to experiment with the 6-2 again? Monique sounds like more of a defensive player whereas Jenelle (who does get great dig numbers) is probably better utilized up front helping with the block.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Wow, I thought Branen would be the 33rd best. CJL said that Conaway didn't play a lot of club, just think if she did, she could be way higher.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Harlan playing now -- Listen to Welcome to KMAland*KMAFM* - 99.1 FM Shenandoah, Iowa -- so if you need a change from contemplating a win over OU tomorrow in football, it's a good diversion.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Schaben 22 kills early in set three.

Schaben does it all! Her 31 kills in four sets to WIN first state Championship is unreal. Just a junior Schaben will no doubt be a very high ranking Iowa State commit.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron