When will Lard play?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think Lard and Hans will help out tremendously. Maybe I am too optimistic.. I hope the guys don't get too down on themselves this early.

It's early, they will only improve as a group. I'm sure they understand this year wasn't going to spectacular anyway.

I hope Lindell realizes this the most and understands how important he is going to be to the team next year (and doesn't bail out after freshman year to NBA). I really think 18-19/19-20 could be special.

Mmbrooks

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2015
Montreal, QC
I think having Lard and Brase out there will benefit greatly because we can start playing lineups that make sense. The past three games have shown that Prohm was just throwing out the 5 guys with the least follow trouble. With Lard and Brase we wont have to have Beverly/Solo/Talley playing out of position as much.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I do not know if a freshman post is going to turn this team around entirely.

Maybe Brase is enough of a vocal leader, passer, experienced enough, and smart enough on defense from the center position to stiffen us a little, if only via positioning.

He is the old man of the roster. We miss having a floor captain like Naz.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think Lard and Hans will help out tremendously. Maybe I am too optimistic.. I hope the guys don't get too down on themselves this early.

It's early, they will only improve as a group. I'm sure they understand this year wasn't going to spectacular anyway.

I hope Lindell realizes this the most and understands how important he is going to be to the team next year (and doesn't bail out after freshman year to NBA). I really think 18-19/19-20 could be special.

That's where I am with it. If Lard truly is a rim protector (5 blocks against Nebraska in the scrimmage suggests he can be), then that can help patch up a lot of issues on the back side of our defense (particularly with ball pressure- it won't be as dire to be beaten off the dribble with a shot blocker behind to help). Perhaps Prohm has been having them play that way with that in mind.

Brase has clearly been described by Prohm as an important piece, so take the minutes of these two guys and subtract from the less effective guys and you solve a bit of two problems in a way.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: aobie and jmax71

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
I think Brase will be more important, as this team is really looking for a leader. Prohm indicates this it the role Hans will fill.

I think Lard will take a while to develop, just like Wiggington and Lewis.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
This is the most ludicrous line I've read lately. He's lucky to be able to start on the worst team in the Big XII, for crying out loud.

Wouldn't say he's lucky to start. He would probably be starting wherever he went.

Just because he's turned it over a bit and hasn't been shooting the ball well doesn't mean he doesn't have the athletic ability to make the jump to the next level.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Also keep in mind that Lard and Brase have been practicing with the team, so one would expect that the team's offensive and defensive scrimmages have them deeply involved with all aspects. The past two games have been played as if both players fouled out before the tip...imagine last year if two of the starters had been withheld from playing, I'd expect there to be some issues with the offense and defense.

Will there be a miracle change...nope...but I do expect both the offense and defense to run somewhat better as the team plays actual games with the same players that they have in practice.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014

lololololololololol...that is awesome!!! Help me understand what you've seen so far that indicates ANYTHING resembling an NBA talent being on our team. I'm genuinely not trying to be a ****...I really want to know.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Also keep in mind that Lard and Brase have been practicing with the team, so one would expect that the team's offensive and defensive scrimmages have them deeply involved with all aspects. The past two games have been played as if both players fouled out before the tip...imagine last year if two of the starters had been withheld from playing, I'd expect there to be some issues with the offense and defense.

Will there be a miracle change...nope...but I do expect both the offense and defense to run somewhat better as the team plays actual games with the same players that they have in practice.

That's a great point about practicing together. Could go a long way to explaining why we aren't playing well together, yet.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
lololololololololol...that is awesome!!! Help me understand what you've seen so far that indicates ANYTHING resembling an NBA talent being on our team. I'm genuinely not trying to be a ****...I really want to know.

It's ok to be an ass in this instance.

Reactions: Gossamer

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

Have you not seen what the kid can do from an athletic standpoint? You're basing it off 2 games. If you're going to do that, then I'm assuming you would like Michael Porter Jr. isn't going to turn pro after this year either.

Look at the broader picture. He's only going to improve throughout the year.

Did you follow his recruitment? Have you seen him play elsewhere besides the two games in a Cyclone uniform? Or are you just that good you already know so much about the kid that you know that even talking about him leaving for the NBA is outrageous?

Guessing you haven't seen the articles about him being a 1 and done?

• Optimistic
Reactions: cb1030

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Have you not seen what the kid can do from an athletic standpoint? You're basing it off 2 games. If you're going to do that, then I'm assuming you would like Michael Porter Jr. isn't going to turn pro after this year either.

Look at the broader picture. He's only going to improve throughout the year.

Did you follow his recruitment? Have you seen him play elsewhere besides the two games in a Cyclone uniform? Or are you just that good you already know so much about the kid that you know that even talking about him leaving for the NBA is outrageous?

Guessing you haven't seen the articles about him being a 1 and done?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...e-star-recruit-nba-draft-media-day/771075001/

http://www.amestrib.com/sports/2017...-leads-to-one-and-done-question-for-wigginton

There are a couple I can remember off the top of my head.

One quote that really sticks out...

"I wouldn’t say it changes (perspective of what’s possible), but obviously it’s going to be in my mind because before, a couple months ago, I was a top 50 player, a top 100 player. Now it’s, you could be one and done. It’s obviously changing in my mind, but I’m really just focused on this program and getting wins."

But please continue to tell me its not a possibility at all!!!

• Creative

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...e-star-recruit-nba-draft-media-day/771075001/

http://www.amestrib.com/sports/2017...-leads-to-one-and-done-question-for-wigginton

There are a couple I can remember off the top of my head.

One quote that really sticks out...

"I wouldn’t say it changes (perspective of what’s possible), but obviously it’s going to be in my mind because before, a couple months ago, I was a top 50 player, a top 100 player. Now it’s, you could be one and done. It’s obviously changing in my mind, but I’m really just focused on this program and getting wins."

But please continue to tell me its not a possibility at all!!!

He’s not playing like it’s a possibility. He might want to believe it is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron