Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Loss of waistband elasticity

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.9%

• Total voters

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Last year I thought I would do a sock and underwear challenge to see which I liked best.

ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxers, Duluth MEN'S BULLPEN CORRALLING BOXER BRIEFS, Duluth Buck Naked, and Stacy Adams Big Boxer. I tried a few others but I don't remember the brands.

The ExOfficio are probably the best overall. Really quick to dry. Like other boxers, very little support though. One big negative, these had a tendency to creep up.

The Stacy Adams ones are the most comfortable if you were to just wear them around the house by themselves.

The plain buck naked were not as good as the others.

The Bullpen were the most supportive and probably the one I'd choose overall.

I'd like to try a brand name Saxx

There is my contribution to this web site.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Last year I thought I would do a sock and underwear challenge to see which I liked best.

ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxers, Duluth MEN'S BULLPEN CORRALLING BOXER BRIEFS, Duluth Buck Naked, and Stacy Adams Big Boxer. I tried a few others but I don't remember the brands.

The ExOfficio are probably the best overall. Really quick to dry. Like other boxers, very little support though. One big negative, these had a tendency to creep up.

The Stacy Adams ones are the most comfortable if you were to just wear them around the house by themselves.

I've started splurging on a brand called Pullen. Kinda pricey, great graphics and the most comfortable drawers I've ever worn. I'm tossing all my older Jockey brand and my boys are thrilled!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
For me it's either the waist band or the leg openings. Some of those leg openings just stretch worse than the waistband and end up just too big for human male thighs. When it looks like a stork wearing a hoop skirt - out they go.

I guess that falls into 'Other'

I tried boxers but never felt... hmmm 'safe' in them. That's about as far as I'll go there. But briefs are really tough to find suitable ones.

My last batch are actually Amazon brand. Had very high buyer ratings and damn if they aren't just exactly perfect.

I love the feel of boxers but have had too many "crossed wires" incidents to trust them. Left should stay on the left and the right should stay on the right. The middle thing can float some.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
My father who is 67 visited me last summer. Came out of the bedroom in the morning and was wearing whitey tighty's that were so stretched out that his everything was completely exposed through the leg hole. I would have never thought that possible had I not personally witnessed it.

Please gentlemen, dont be be my dad. Nobody wants that.

If I could have voted for all of them I would have.

• Winner
Reactions: JSmoove

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I've tried the buck naked and armachillo from duluth trading and have not been impressed and creep up more than the regular cotton hanes.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Well, this is too late for Father's Day, but tomorrow IS our anniversary... (Psst, DH, just keep scrolling)

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If anyone cares, Cloudline Merino and Darn Tough Merino were my favorite socks. People Socks Merino were my budget pick and more of a winter/non running sock.

My mission in 2018 is to find an undershirt that doesn't shrink and fits well without being too thick. Surprisingly hard to find.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
My father wore tighty whitey's every day of his post diaper life up until he put on a pair of good quality boxer briefs about 5 years ago. Changed his life and He never went back. He was 55 at that point.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm not a boxer man, prefer briefs or boxer briefs. But I have been on a quest to find something that's better than just cheap Hanes or Fruits. I've tried a few different ones from Target, Old Navy and even Duluth.

Not happy with anything else. Feel weird jumping to some of the "premium" brands that cost $20 or $30 a piece.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I googled Stacy Adams

upload_2018-6-19_16-56-30.jpeg

If you are wearing her underwear, I wouldn't go out in public with them on either.

• Funny
Reactions: MrApathy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Boxers are great at night, but not during the day. Its like not wearing anything. The boys need to be held.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm not a boxer man, prefer briefs or boxer briefs. But I have been on a quest to find something that's better than just cheap Hanes or Fruits. I've tried a few different ones from Target, Old Navy and even Duluth.

Not happy with anything else. Feel weird jumping to some of the "premium" brands that cost $20 or $30 a piece.

Jockey pouch boxer briefs are the answer. Last a long time, easiest front access, decent support without smashing the goods, dont ride up.

• Useful
Reactions: NickTheGreat

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I've tried the buck naked and armachillo from duluth trading and have not been impressed and creep up more than the regular cotton hanes.

I’m all Duluth trading now. I have one pair of armachillos and although they are comfy and breathable, they do ride up more than anything else I’ve worn. I love the buck nakeds though.

Also, how is anyone over the age of 14 wearing boxers? You gotta have the support of the boxer briefs.