When did dancing become a top story in the NCAA tournament?

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Well, just like everything else TV has to find something they think is worthy of our time. They've now decided to find the best dancers in the tournament. Is this to get female viewership, is this their version of Dancing with the Stars? I may be becoming an old curmudgeon but I get tired of watching the talking heads drone on endlessly about nothing and we get to watch guys dance over and over and over. But if that's your thing I'm glad you like it.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
The tournament has always been called The Big Dance. So going dancing has long been a top story in the NCAA tournament. :spinny:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
1964 if I recall correctly, the year the Beach Boys released Dance, Dance, Dance. :smile:

[video=youtube;Hr1oXpbpzKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr1oXpbpzKo&feature=kp[/video]

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
At precisely 9:52 this morning I made myself smile! I'll probably go back to being depressed in a few minutes. :unsure:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, just like everything else TV has to find something they think is worthy of our time. They've now decided to find the best dancers in the tournament. Is this to get female viewership, is this their version of Dancing with the Stars? I may be becoming an old curmudgeon but I get tired of watching the talking heads drone on endlessly about nothing and we get to watch guys dance over and over and over. But if that's your thing I'm glad you like it.

Okey dokey...exactly WHAT makes you think that's why the women viewers are watching the tournament?!

:mad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron