What's Your Fong's?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Our family is going to Fong's for Mother's Day. We have personally tried over the years: the crag rangoon (I don't personally love it), the bacon popper (amazing), an Asian-themed one that isn't on the menu anymore and I can't remember, General Tso's (really good), and the kids have had regular red-sauce-and-cheese.

What is your favorite Fong's pizza? There are several that look good to me to try new (see below) - are any of these your favorite? Or a totally different one? MENU

Potential options:
- Thai Chicken
- Fongolian Beef
- Sesame Chicken
- Honey and Garlic (this reads as intriguing, but not sure if it's amazing or could be terrible?)

CyBride

Nov 10, 2007
The honey and garlic with the alfredo sauce base is the best pizza I have ever had. And that is high praise from me. {Outside of 7 Stone Pizza in Waukee...best in DSM metro IMO}

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: rob05 and Angie

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Our family is going to Fong's for Mother's Day. We have personally tried over the years: the crag rangoon (I don't personally love it), the bacon popper (amazing), an Asian-themed one that isn't on the menu anymore and I can't remember, General Tso's (really good), and the kids have had regular red-sauce-and-cheese.

What is your favorite Fong's pizza? There are several that look good to me to try new (see below) - are any of these your favorite? Or a totally different one? MENU

Potential options:
- Thai Chicken
- Fongolian Beef
- Sesame Chicken
- Honey and Garlic (this reads as intriguing, but not sure if it's amazing or could be terrible?)

I always suspected you guys were poor parents. This is confirmation.

I've never been to Fong's and it's killing me. I need to get there. By the way the menu looks, I'll have about 6 pizzas out in front of me to sample.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Angie

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I agree with Angie regarding the crab rangoon pizza. A friend and I went there to get it, and I was not impressed by it. Unfortunately, I have only been there once, so I haven't tried any others.

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I always suspected you guys were poor parents. This is confirmation.

I've never been to Fong's and it's killing me. I need to get there.

I know, I know. It's brutal. They will at least try alfredo pizza, but they're both going through this horrifyingly picky phase with pizza. It's driving me nuts. We went to a wood-fired place on Friday and they ate the most boring crap alive. BUT, if we're spending money on it, might as well get them something they'll eat.

The honey and garlic with the alfredo sauce base is the best pizza I have ever had. And that is high praise from me. {Outside of 7 Stone Pizza in Waukee...best in DSM metro IMO}

Late night single slice, its Honey Garlic every time with zero hesitation.

You guys are awesome! This is the confirmation I needed - it looked fascinating, but I couldn't tell if it was one of those "sounds great but is awful" combos!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've only been once and I think we got the Iowan with the pulled pork and corn.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The Iowan is also pretty awesome:

House BBQ sauce, Canadian bacon, bacon, pulled pork, corn and mozzarella with a BBQ lattice

EDIT: ^^^^What he said^^^^

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I've only gone there after the bars so they usually only have basic slices available as I don't want To wait for them to make a specialty, but the honey garlic Alfredo is hard to beat.

• Informative

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I'm gonna fight you all. The crab rangoon pizza is amazing. :(

• Optimistic

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Side question time! As someone who avoids baby corn, do you eat it whole like it's a carrot, or just eat the kernels off like a normal piece of corn?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Perhaps if you are the size of a guinea pig, yes.

tumblr_inline_o8m80rsgvt1s9x8us_500.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron