What's your bold take for the season?

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
We will see a difference in our ability to close tight games due to improved depth AND steadiness in CMC system. This will result in us being in the Big 12 title conversation toward the end of the season. There are contingencies of course; If our O-Line is average we are serious contenders to the end. I am sure we can all agree we will know if this bold prediction is true by game 5 or 6. I am also sticking by my 3-0 W-L prediction.

Another important question: What are the intangibles that need to be in place for this to be a real possibility? Who are the clubhouse leaders? We lost Lanning and Lazard. Who fills their shoes? I honestly don't know what kind of leadership presence KK brings to the team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
7 seasons of 9 team round robin:

4 years where 7-2 would have gotten you in a title game.
1 years where it ties for a title game.
2 years where 8-1 was needed.

I'd trade 0-3 non con for 7-2 conference with a title game shot. (realize this is a nonsensical hypothetical everyone)

Both the 2004 and 2005 teams would have made the B12 title game with marginal records had they not ISU footballed themselves to close out the season.

I'd think if ISU only has 3-4 losses to end the season regardless of when they happen, they'd be in a nice bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The program has lost its final game. We go undefeated, make the playoffs, and spend our time worrying about the other shoe dropping because we're not sure how to celebrate success yet.

Trust me, I'm a Cubs fan, and I've been here a while. I see it all the time.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
If Montgomery isn't the leading rusher for the season, who will be? I think that would be a tough call between Croney and Kene.

Probably Croney. He’s a more durable, “between the tackles” runner. That said, I hope we can see Kene in lots of Tavon Austin style touch passes and tunnel screens behind out TEs.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonic1

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Carson Epps makes the most of his senior year and has at least 300 yards rec'v, and 3 TD's.

Mike Warren, likewise, makes a solid contribution on the field and has 350 all-purpose yards and at least 4 TD's.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
DC Heacock rolls out the 6-1 TROTS (Try Running On This S---) defense @ EIU. The 6 up front:
  1. JaQuan Baily
  2. Jamahl Johnson
  3. Ray Lima
  4. Kamilo Tongamoa
  5. Enyl Uawzurike
  6. Matt Leo
EIU suffers bigly from the TROTS. With their ground game wiped out, and their pass protection severely cramped, they suffer the most lopsided loss in the series since 1978.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonic1

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Clones will struggle early with the front loaded schedule and there will be massive fan overreactions. Will turn it around for the end of the year and win a bowl game.

Sdsu will be a win by about 7 to 10 which most will view as too close. Followed by a tight game with Iowa and a potential thumping by OU.

Clones still end up with 8 regular season wins +/- 1 game. There will be smaller crowds mid season because of pessimism than you'd think, though announced attendance will maintain the 50K plus but actual butts in seats in the 45K vicinity will happen for a mid season game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Clones will struggle early with the front loaded schedule and there will be massive fan overreactions. Will turn it around for the end of the year and win a bowl game.

Sdsu will be a win by about 7 to 10 which most will view as too close. Followed by a tight game with Iowa and a potential thumping by OU.

Clones still end up with 8 regular season wins +/- 1 game. There will be smaller crowds mid season because of pessimism than you'd think, though announced attendance will maintain the 50K plus but actual butts in seats in the 45K vicinity will happen for a mid season game.

Completely agree with this post. I think we'll have a slow start, especially with the schedule the way it is. And many fans, including probably myself of course, will be a little down on the team, but one thing about CMC's teams versus past ISU teams.... his never throw in the towel, and so I see them still winning 8 games.