Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Old George's

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Panchero's has returned to Ames. It's down by Best Buy on South Duff, but it's a had a considerable makeover from what we remember in college. It's "gourmet" burritos now with black beans and rice. No 2-pounder, and no chorizo.

It is NOTHING like what it used to be. Just last weekend I got food poisoning at the one on 100th street in Urbandale. Won't be going back.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Panchero's has returned to Ames. It's down by Best Buy on South Duff, but it's a had a considerable makeover from what we remember in college. It's "gourmet" burritos now with black beans and rice. No 2-pounder, and no chorizo.

Yeah, I've seen the new Pancheros all over the state, but they pretty much suck compared to the old one in campustown.

Was that one a franchise? Or was the naming coincidental? Or did every Pancheros go from kicking *** to sucking all at the same time?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It is NOTHING like what it used to be. Just last weekend I got food poisoning at the one on 100th street in Urbandale. Won't be going back.

Yikes, my co-workers go to that one at least 3 times a week.

cyko42

Feb 7, 2007
Decatur, IL
and NOBODY knew there was a bar in the back....

I would have to disagree, me and my peeps from the Hy-vee across the streets used to go in there at least twice a week after work. Pretty sure that was the reason my GPA is so low. Got to love the big mugs for 3.25 cheapest beer in town. Cazadors has since moved in. The beers the same but the bar isn't, still go in every once in awhile but never as often as we used to.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
my 3 cents....eveybody nailed it on the head for Great Plains. Best burger came from Wallably's and the original Wallaby burger, my favorite.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I love the Pit simply cause you can go get it at Welch Ave. Station and enjoy a $4 pitcher at the same time. The pizza at the Pit is very good, but nothing in comparison to their Drummies. I wanted to go their tonight before the game, but i conceded to somewhere else.

yes that is nice...but all the smoke. ehh.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Have you ever had "real" Chicago style? OC doesn't compare to my favorite pizza of all time - Giordanos. I really miss living in Chicago so that I can have a Giordanos every week.

That is so very true. I grew up in Chicago and am back there again and I love Giordanos. Old Chicago is just a cheap chain compared to Giordanos, Lou Malnatis, Gino's East, and Uno's.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Did you ahhh, go to the bathroom at all in the next 3 days?

You're killing me with lines like these...

And for true confessions (this should be my last post on this for a while; sorry but I was kind of going through the thread and responding individually), I actually liked Home Team Pizza. It was super cheap and not that bad. I am kind of upset that it is not in Ames anymore.

DaVinici's was also good, but they are gone.

Pizza Pit is not good really, but I still crave it sometimes. It is one of the few places you can get breakfast bacon on the pizza.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I will contend that anyone that says somewhere other than Great Plains doesn't really like pizza...or is sleeping with the owner of the other place.

Which we don't condemn unless:

A) you are already married and that person isn't your husband/wife
B) that person is as ugly as Seth Gorney

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Have to go with Great Plains, but we used to order Happy Joes sometimes because they had a really hot delivery girl.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Have to go with Great Plains, but we used to order Happy Joes sometimes because they had a really hot delivery girl.

A HOT pizza delivery girl? That has to be the first time those words have ever been next to each other in a sentance.