What's streaming that's good TV/movies

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Haven't followed this thread - but just finished the entire 6 seasons of Schitt's Creek and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also very excited for the new season of Succession in 11 days.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Been enjoying Wellington Paranormal and Reservation Dogs alot, and just finished Squid Game.

All worth a watch in my opinion.

If you like What We Do in the Shadows, you will enjoy Wellington Paranormal.

Squid Game is a fascinating concept. like The Stanford Prison Experiment meets Hunger Games or something, very interesting Korean subbed/dubbed show.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If you like anime at all and haven't seen this you should give it a look. Newly added to Netflix, I'll probably give it a rewatch.

1635113827574.png

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Haven't read any of this thread so apologize if already mentioned, but if you haven't ever watched Grimm, I HIGHLY encourage you to binge the entire 6 seasons on PRIME. Amazing show....really a step above and the conclusion to the series was awesome. Like Avengers End Game awesome IMO.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Just finished season 1 of The Defeated on Netflix. Police procedural set in post war occupied Berlin. Enjoyable 8 episodes. If you have read WEB Griffin's Clandestine Operations book series this TV show would fit right into that world.

Since I know you can tolerate subs, I'd also recommend Babylon Berlin, Dark, the Black Spot, and Fauda. Somehow this one miss my radar. Will definitely give it a watch now.

Reactions: C.John

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Have watched some solid shows in Amazon Prime over the last couple months:

- Zero Zero Zero.
- Hunters w Al Pacino.
- Counterpart w JK Simmons.
- Goliath w Billy Bob Thorton.
- Tin Star w Timothy Roth.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Have watched some solid shows in Amazon Prime over the last couple months:

- Zero Zero Zero.
- Hunters w Al Pacino.
- Counterpart w JK Simmons.
- Goliath w Billy Bob Thorton.
- Tin Star w Timothy Roth.

Seen 3 of these. Ironically just finished up my last episode of Goliath yesterday. It's an utter shame Counterpart only had 2 seasons. Such a great show and concept.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Seen 3 of these. Ironically just finished up my last episode of Goliath yesterday. It's an utter shame Counterpart only had 2 seasons. Such a great show and concept.
Did not know Counterpart wasn't going to have a 3rd season, bummed, it was a great idea and was looking forward to new season.

Just watched Zero and thought it was a neat idea to jump from different characters viewpoints.

Goliath got a little uneven in last couple season from a storyline standpoint, but thought characters were still strong.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
There is another thread on this, but Only Murders In the Building on Hulu was great. Season 1 finished last week, already been renewed for season 2.

• Agree
Reactions: bos and CycloneCJ

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I finished the last season of "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix and really liked it. Watched both seasons of "Norseman" and mostly enjoyed that too.

Finished season 2 of Ted Lasso and thought it is mostly good. My wife loves it.

Started "Only Murders in the Building" and I'm not sure about it yet. They're not making the characters very relatable or likeable.

Any suggestions for a historical series? There are quite a few out there on Netflix. Not sure what to start next.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I finished the last season of "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix and really liked it. Watched both seasons of "Norseman" and mostly enjoyed that too.

Finished season 2 of Ted Lasso and thought it is mostly good. My wife loves it.

Started "Only Murders in the Building" and I'm not sure about it yet. They're not making the characters very relatable or likeable.

Any suggestions for a historical series? There are quite a few out there on Netflix. Not sure what to start next.

I'm an absolute slappy for vikings stuff. Vikings on this History channel is also really good in that vein but seems obvious if you liked the Last Kingdom. Rome on HBO Max is older but really good if you're into that time period. Season 2 got jacked up by the writers strike that was happening but season 1 is phenomenal.

Edit: I'm a little surprised nobody from Vikings has made it into any other Marvel shows or anything. I thought the kid who played Ivar in later seasons was remarkable and they are all young, good looking jacked people.

Reactions: zumbro clones

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm an absolute slappy for vikings stuff. Vikings on this History channel is also really good in that vein but seems obvious if you liked the Last Kingdom. Rome on HBO Max is older but really good if you're into that time period. Season 2 got jacked up by the writers strike that was happening but season 1 is phenomenal.

Edit: I'm a little surprised nobody from Vikings has made it into any other Marvel shows or anything. I thought the kid who played Ivar in later seasons was remarkable and they are all young, good looking jacked people.

Even though the Vikings sorta ran out of gas at the end it was good TV with a darn decent cast of international actors who created a number of memorable characters.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Even though the Vikings sorta ran out of gas at the end it was good TV with a darn decent cast of international actors who created a number of memorable characters.

Yeah it did but it had 3-4 seasons of awesome TV which is a pretty dang good run.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
There is another thread on this, but Only Murders In the Building on Hulu was great. Season 1 finished last week, already been renewed for season 2.
I watched the first episode yesterday and it was kind of boring. hopefully It gets better.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
It's getting dark before 5pm now. What are the good shows to binge watch right now?

Finished Ted Lasso season 1/2, Only Murders in the Building season 1, The Last Kingdom, Medal of Honor documentary, Empire Games documentary.

Started Last Chance U.

Waiting for the next season of Mandalorian next year.

What should we watch next?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Arcane on Netflix is really good so far. The animation style is really unique. I have never played league of legends so it feels like I am missing some background info, but still I am really enjoying it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty good late December for sci-fi and fantasy fans. Last season of The Expanse is here along with The Wheel of Time, both on Amazon. Netflix dropped the 2nd season of The Witcher on Friday. All high quality good stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If you haven't watched "The Sinner" on Netflix I recommend the series. I've finished season 1 & 2. Getting ready to start season 3. Pretty clever show.
I started watching this show yesterday based on your recommendation. Couple episodes in and it’s pretty good so far.

Reactions: TXCyclones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron