What's required for ISU to participate in this kind of money?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
Gotta agree with others. 1) Our tickets are already crazy cheap, and 2) tickets will NEVER get cheaper. We could sign a $100 mil agreement with Nike and our ticket prices will probably go up, most likely because we would have just won a national championship or something that would make someone care enough to pay that kind of money.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
The success of their football, men's and womens basketball and our baseball team would have to make the college world series.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I would think the only chance we could have to sign a big contract like that will depend on Fred taking us to the promise land. Football wise, I don't think we will ever attain the high profile enough to warrant this. Fred is a high profile coach right now with everybody watching. That is what the shoe/uniform companies want. If he can put dollars in their pocket, they will come.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
What's required for ISU to participate in this kind of money? Looks like we could use this $5 mil per year to reduce the cost of fan season tickets..........

This is the LAST thing that Iowa State fans should be complaining about. I know it's the offseason, but come on...I could afford season tickets when I was a "broke" college student.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Ticket Prices will Go Down When Pigs Fly

ISU ticket prices are already some of the lowest in the big 12. I would not be surprised if upper deck corner season tickets for hoops don' t go up by $25-50 this season. If we would get a shoe contract windfall like Louisville, I would hope the funds would go toward capital improvements to Hilton. Concourse improvements and possibly suites are long overdue.

Herdman

Aug 20, 2011
What's required for ISU to participate in this kind of money? Looks like we could use this $5 mil per year to reduce the cost of fan season tickets..........

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...rdinals-receive-40-million-5-year-deal-adidas

Win, winning cures all ills.

Look at the names of the programs mentioned in the article. They all win conference titles, win national titles or have a "national" recruiting base to draw players and fan from. ISU does a great job in Iowa, obviously, and is making tremendous progress in the Chicagoland market (finally), but until they win the BigIX, makes the Sweat 16, the Round of 8, the Final 4, plays for and wins NCs and plays in bowl games...wins some bowl games, these types of contracts are out of reach.

Go back and watch Mike and Mike on ESPN yesterday (4/22/14) and how quickly Fred Hoiberg was dismissed from the Minnesota Timberwolves job conversation. Greenberg didn't even mention that Fred worked in the Minnesota front office. Maybe he is stupid and does not know or his "info" guys couldn't get the information to him fast enough, but Fred was mentioned in the tease and then promptly dropped like a cow pie by Greenberg.

Listen, ISU has more serious fish to fry before they to look to sign these kinds of "money" contracts. You can't lose to NIU, UNI, TCU, T-Tech, K-State and expect to be taken seriously by your own conference. Let alone companies to pay you to wear their gear.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Iowa State already charges embarassingly cheap ticket prices. Fans need to quit being so cheap and realize this is big time college sports.