What's on tap at various Iowa breweries when you have visited?

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Just post the photo of the up to date brews on tap at each brewery you visit. MAKE SURE to POST the DATE of your visit!!!!! Some of these in the beginning should be a little out of order vs the date of visit

Reactions: Tri

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Well, this was up to date about two weeks ago at PIVO Brewery, Calmar, Iowa. February 2022.

Visited Pulpit Rock Brewery in Decorah and Allerton Brewing Company in Independence, Iowa on this trip, but did not take pictures (we decided NOT to visit TG while in Decorah. I imagine we will not get to every brewery in the state). Pivo blew me away. By far the best of the three visited that day. Definitely worth the trip to Calmar.

Attachments

• pivo-comp-Feb2022.jpg
    pivo-comp-Feb2022.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: TexCyted

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Tellurian Brewing, Charles City, Iowa, from March 12, 2022.
An interesting little brewery nearly on the banks of the Cedar River in Charles City. Seems to be well liked by the locals. At the time of the visit, they were doing a collaboration with Bremer Brewing of Waverly, Iowa.
They had FOUR NEIPAs on tap. I tried one and was underwhelmed. Their Red Cedar Red Ale is actually interesting though.

Attachments

• Tellurian-March12-2022.jpg
    Tellurian-March12-2022.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Lake Time Brewing, Clear Lake, Iowa, from March 12, 2022.

Well, I've had Lake Time beer on tap at my Cedar Rapids HyVee. Not a fan of those that made it to CR. I was very pleasantly surprised by the brewery visit. Set in an older home that has had its first floor highly modified for a number of different kinds of seating areas. Unfortunately their bar is quite limited (forcing the bartender to come out from the bar to greet guests and get their orders). But otherwise quite cozy and comfortable. A visit in the warmer months would probably allow the use of their extensive outdoor area. The building code nerd in me tells me that at peak hours, their single male and single female restrooms are probably substandard. But still, a very nice place to hang out an drink beer.

Attachments

• Laketime-2022March12.jpg
    Laketime-2022March12.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Mason City Brewing (of Mason City, Iowa) from March 12, 2022

Stopped here at the request of a friend who wanted their Cream Ale. We stayed for one beer.
My friend had the Amarillo IPA, which he did not finish "Too Hoppy" was hiss comment. Myself, not realizing that "Worth Brewing Brown Ale" was not the full name of a beer brewed onsite, I tried it. It was a fairly unremarkable brown ale from Worth Brewing just up the road in Northwood, Iowa. Perhaps we will have to visit there in the future.

Attachments

• MasonCityBrew_2022March12.jpg
    MasonCityBrew_2022March12.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Fat Hill Brewing, Mason CIty, Iowa from March 12, 2022.

A visit to Mason City Brewing at the request of a friend brought us to town. We had not planned to stop in Mason City at all. However with Fat Hill Brewing being just across the alley from Mason City Brewing, we thought we should visit it. I was incredibly impressed by the money spent on the old building. The variety of taps was smaller in scale than Pivo Brewing, but had a variety that was remotely reminiscent of Pivo. I purchased the Black Lime Saison, which was too limey for me (but I like the effort/creativity). I did take home a crowler of the Scottish Ale, which is quite tasty. Worth a visit if you're in Mason City.

Attachments

• FatHillBrew_2022March12.jpg
    FatHillBrew_2022March12.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Limestone Brewing, Osage, Iowa from March 12, 2022

Another storefront in another small town. Probably should have tried more here, but even with taster glasses all day, the body can only absorb so much (even when the other guy is driving). Afraid the Devonian Haze is tainted with an infection. The Hickory Scottish Ale was fine.

We also had pizza here. While the toppings were fine, and it was fully cooked, the "crust" is a major issue. Apparently NO yeasts were harmed in the making or cooking of that crust. I can't even describe it as a cracker crust.

Attachments

• LimestoneBrewing_2022March12.jpg
    LimestoneBrewing_2022March12.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Bremer Brewing Company, Waverly, Iowa from March 12, 2022.

Another place where a ton of money was spent on the building. A little disappointed by the variety of the selections. Of course, this being at the end of the trip, did not want to try very much. Since I had not tried their NEIPA collaboration with Tellurian while we were at Tellurian, I decided to have that. I was underwhelmed in a manner similar to the NEIPA that I tried at Tellurian.

Attachments

• BremerBrewing_2022March12.jpg
    BremerBrewing_2022March12.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
How do you get pictures to attach? Mine are always too big and I don't know how to resize them.
I bring them into a editing program, and resave them using the JPG options to boost compression. It probably says somewhere on this website what the file size limit is, Using 60% compression my 2,000kb files (too large for uploading to this site), drop to about 400kb which upload fine.

Reactions: Al_4_State