What's more crucial for our next two games?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What's more crucial for our next two games?

• Total voters

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Establishing the run game or stopping it? Since we are about to play two more teams with the same approach that killed us yesterday, what adjustments need done? I think we need to work on stopping the run game first and foremost. That also means we need to get to work on our linebackers. They were not present at all.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ISU establishing their offense is by far the most critical thing. Only running 57 plays, grabbing 16 first downs, and getting beat by over 10 minutes in TOP is horrible. If our offense continues to play like they did in that first quarter, ISU wins yesterday. Offense lost their way, defense just got worn down.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's a push. Our offense couldn't stay on the field and our defense couldn't get off it. No either or, it was both.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
ISU establishing their offense is by far the most critical thing. Only running 57 plays, grabbing 16 first downs, and getting beat by over 10 minutes in TOP is horrible. If our offense continues to play like they did in that first quarter, ISU wins yesterday. Offense lost their way, defense just got worn down.
I'll say that's fair. Maybe we can give the defense the benefit of the doubt with the ejection of CM and maybe coaches will rotate the LB starting lineup. I am not suggesting that is all that needs done, but it is a start in the right direction. I don't get why we always have trouble running out of the spread. Back to A-Rob years, we used to have the run game as a sure thing to rely on. The last time we executed the run game out of spread, as far as I recall, was the opener two years ago vs Tulsa. Someone posted that we only had 11 rushing attempts with our RB's. No wonder our passing game blew up.

Bottom line is both of these need addressed and fast. KSU won't wait a quarter to start playing.