What's missing?

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Easy, Mike Taylor. Don't they have cough medicine at the student health center or whatever its called?..

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Playing in the NBDL for the Idaho Stampede.

It was in the Iowa State Daily that he had been cut. If I recall, he was cut on December 20th.

From the list in the initial post, of course we would take an "under control and well behaved Mike Taylor." The problem is, that doesn't exist.

So I'd take Lucca. And not a lot would probably agree with me, but I would take Ross Marsden back. He worked, didn't make many mistakes, was rarely out of position, and could hit an open jump shot. I think Marsden would be even more valuable next season, when it appears that we'll be lacking some bodies down low.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
Taylor he might of been reckless at times but many of his points and our wins last year came off him being able to put up points by being reckless he is a nice kid just didn't work out for him

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I think we already, to some extent, have 2,3 and 4. So it is really between and 1 and 4. If 1 was really possible, I'd take it. But 5 is more realistic.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
It was in the Iowa State Daily that he had been cut. If I recall, he was cut on December 20th.

From the list in the initial post, of course we would take an "under control and well behaved Mike Taylor." The problem is, that doesn't exist.

So I'd take Lucca. And not a lot would probably agree with me, but I would take Ross Marsden back. He worked, didn't make many mistakes, was rarely out of position, and could hit an open jump shot. I think Marsden would be even more valuable next season, when it appears that we'll be lacking some bodies down low.

I definitely don't agree with Marsden part! He was basically non-existent in the games. No rebounds, no points, no defense. What was his purpose?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I definitely don't agree with Marsden part! He was basically non-existent in the games. No rebounds, no points, no defense. What was his purpose?

A big man who didn't hurt the team. Marsden found himself in better position a lot more in his sophomore season. I remember McDermott being quoted a couple times last year saying that Marsden was about the only person on the team who always did what he was supposed to do.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Definiteley #5. Even if Lucca wasn't an instant star I would like to see him get a years experience under his belt (look at the improvements made by Diante and Cameron since the beginning of their freshman seasons). I'm sorry but as much as I liked Mike's energy on the court (Awesome dunk in the Nebraska game last year) his 37% shooting percentage and TOs were less than impressive. Would much rather seen Wesley,Rashon,or Jiri taking those shots.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
A big man who didn't hurt the team. Marsden found himself in better position a lot more in his sophomore season. I remember McDermott being quoted a couple times last year saying that Marsden was about the only person on the team who always did what he was supposed to do.

Agreed, I would definitely take Mardsen back. He was a good post defender, and had a decent 10 foot jump shot.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Agreed, I would definitely take Mardsen back. He was a good post defender, and had a decent 10 foot jump shot.

Too bad most people didn't see that. Maybe they'll recall next year if we're really struggling with big men. It'd be Marsden's senior year.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Late coming, but whats missing?

Tinsley,
Willoughby,
Grayer,
Fizer,
Cato

Wouldn't that be sweet to have all of them on the same team in their primes. :spinny:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Not to be mean, but I'd be more uncomfortable with the thought of going into the season with Marsden getting big minutes than Thompson getting big minutes. And that's saying something.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We have lost a whole team with bench help the last few years.

My all transfer or quit team

Point - Farnold Degand
Shooting Guard - Mike Taylor
Shooting Guard- Tasheed Carr
Center- Ross Marsden
Power forward- Shawn Taggart

Cory Macintosh
Clayton Vette
Arron Agnew-If we can get him out of the concesion stand at Half time he can have some mop up minutes.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
If he would not have got injured, Farnold Degand would have had the most impact on the team (both this year and last year).

From what I saw of him this year prior to his injury, he is a true point guard that could do it all: (a) run the offense; (b) penetrate and finish; (c) penetrate and dish; and (d) make the open three.

However, if Farnold's departure impacted Buckley's decision to come to ISU, I may have to reconsider.

Also, of the 2007-08 recruits we "almost" signed, which one would we have wanted the most:

(1) Jon Leuer;
(2) P'Allen Stinnett;
(3) Brett Thompson;
(4) Malcom Delaney;
(5) Victor Davilla;
(6) Colton Iverson;
(7) Ian Markoff;
(8) Emmanuel Negedu;
(9) Tyreese Breshers;
(10) Grant Gibbs;
(11) Jeremiah Kelly; or
(12) other (I am sure behind the scene we really were in the running for Gordon, Love, Beasley, Rose and Mayo)?

Personally, I would vote for Leuer, Davilla or Thompson as I think our biggest need next year will be on the post.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
If we are talking about tranfers, Tasheed Carr is without a doubt who I would have liked to keep. He can play 3 positions, has a good attitude, and is a leader on the court.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not to be mean, but I'd be more uncomfortable with the thought of going into the season with Marsden getting big minutes than Thompson getting big minutes. And that's saying something.

I would be comfortable with either of them, as long as Brackins is next to them.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Late coming, but whats missing?

Tinsley,
Willoughby,
Grayer,
Fizer,
Cato

Wouldn't that be sweet to have all of them on the same team in their primes. :spinny:

Nice group...however, I would take Barry Stevens over Willoughby. And no Jeff Hornacek?