What's in your liquor cabinet?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
:biglaugh: Nope, just never have done any hard stuff. Actually I don't do any alcohol at all. Just a personal preference.

Which is a perfectly fine life to live, but I don't really get why you felt the need to post it in a thread specifically about liquor??

To each their own, I guess.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Branded: Kahlua, Captain Morgan, Grand Marnier, Southern Comfort, Ouzo, Mezcal...might be some Jack hiding in there...

Garage beverage fridge: Bacardi silver, Malibu coconut, some mango tango frango Jack crap that the DIL's like, various designer beers/ales that the sons like, and Strongbow Hard Cider (which I like).

other stuff: rum, vodka, peppermint schnapps

Think that's it.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Which is a perfectly fine life to live, but I don't really get why you felt the need to post it in a thread specifically about liquor??

Cause the question was 'what's in your liquor cabinet?' and it's the off season....He didn't come across as preachy about it, I see no problems.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
:biglaugh: Nope, just never have done any hard stuff. Actually I don't do any alcohol at all. Just a personal preference.

Agreed. I'll drink a few beers now and then but I'm not much of a hard alcohol drinker to begin with. I'll stick with the all-natural herbal alternative. I'm too old to spend my free weekends being hung over.

Edit: Now that I think about it there is a bottle of Bombay Sapphire back home. I enjoy a nice gin and tonic from time to time (lime wedge required).

Last edited:

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Oh I should note that my light beer of choice is actually Busch Light. Gotta 6 pack of tall boys chillin in the fridge. I just wanna be like Luke Bryan when I grow up...er.. uh, I mean Chris Williams.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Mild observation: I have quite a variety in my liquor cabinet. Drinking alcohol doesn't always involve inebriation and/or hangovers. Besides, I make dang good booze balls at Christmas time (chocolate base, I use the schnapps, the rum, & the GM for the different batches).

:)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Cause the question was 'what's in your liquor cabinet?' and it's the off season....He didn't come across as preachy about it, I see no problems.

Yeah, I'm not saying he was preachy, just don't see what it adds to the conversation. That'd be like me answering the question of who I'm cheering for in a world cup thread with "nobody, cause I don't watch soccer"

I just don't see the point, that's all.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I always try to keep a bottle of bourbon lying around. Typically it's Woodford Reserve or Maker's. Something that's real good neat.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Branded: Kahlua, Captain Morgan, Grand Marnier, Southern Comfort, Ouzo, Mezcal...might be some Jack hiding in there...

Garage beverage fridge: Bacardi silver, Malibu coconut, some mango tango frango Jack crap that the DIL's like, various designer beers/ales that the sons like, and Strongbow Hard Cider (which I like).

other stuff: rum, vodka, peppermint schnapps

Think that's it.

Ouzo - *shudder*

I brought a bottle of it to a party once and it generated the same face from every one that tried it:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Yeah, I'm not saying he was preachy, just don't see what it adds to the conversation. That'd be like me answering the question of who I'm cheering for in a world cup thread with "nobody, cause I don't watch soccer"

I just don't see the point, that's all.

Well, if nothing else, you know which tailgates to skip.

:pwink:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Some Grey Goose, Bacardi Superior, Bacardi Dragon Berry, Parrot Bay Coconut and some Bailey's knock off. Usually just have vodka and rum in the house for liquor.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

The question of the thread was "What's in your liquor cabinet?" So I quite honestly replied, nothing.

Edit: I hadn't read 00Clone's post before I posted this reply. He's got it right.