What would make you leave your job....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Would u rather make 9 million at LSU or USC and get fired in 4 years because u go 7-5? Or would u rather make 3 million for 20 years, that would go up with the success and have a 3-9 year and not have to worry one bit about getting fired?
You think head coaches plan on failing?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Being the only male among a bunch of female nymphs may do it. Or a load of money so I can move to a different area for chunks of the year.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
If you want to avoid the crowds Iowa is a great place to be, just in this thread people are moving out, and who says hey lets move to Iowa?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If its just money, you have major problems. The dollar is usually rated about 4th on the list of what motivates people about their jobs.
Iowa State and Ames offers CMC everything anyone would ever hope for in their job.
Plus few if any of us has the opportunity in our job to create a legacy, the kind insitutions name buildings for or erect statues..ie Bill Synder.
None of that would be possible at LSU or USC...other than more money he will never be able to spend.

Senior leadership that are sexist, racist, egotistical, only care about themselves/not the staff

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Leaving iowa last day was today. I'll make 20k more doing the same role elsewhere in a similar cost of living situation and less taxes
Yeah the climate was a big factor I have pretty bad joint pain for someone my age and also pretty bad depression that is worsened by winter. I think the COL is a wash in that rent is more but almost everything else is less.

Welcome to Texas. Don't **** it up. ;)

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If its just money, you have major problems. The dollar is usually rated about 4th on the list of what motivates people about their jobs.
Iowa State and Ames offers CMC everything anyone would ever hope for in their job.
Plus few if any of us has the opportunity in our job to create a legacy, the kind insitutions name buildings for or erect statues..ie Bill Synder.
None of that would be possible at LSU or USC...other than more money he will never be able to spend.
Oddly, the ability to do 'quality' work. Through my life, I've always been faced with the 'bottom-line'. Literally. I was forced to cut 'quality' to maximize output. And, then the company would use 'marketing' to make up for it. When I went to work on my own, I focused only on 'quality'. And, believe it or not, many of my systems (Linux: definitely NOT Microsoft) over 20 years old are still operational necessities with an ROI shorter than any 'branded' products. So, the ability to build it the way I want is by far the most important criteria for any job.

Reactions: Jiub