What will it take to get Sports Betting or Daily Fantasy In Iowa

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Anyone else still waiting for their registration for William Hill? I went 3 hours after it opened up and everyone I know seems to have an account.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Anyone else still waiting for their registration for William Hill? I went 3 hours after it opened up and everyone I know seems to have an account.
They had ambassadors like having people sign up for accounts as they came in and mine was ready right away once we did the signup the lady finalized it for me.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
They had ambassadors like having people sign up for accounts as they came in and mine was ready right away once we did the signup the lady finalized it for me.

Sort of how it was when I was there, but a slight change. People who had androids were given their account numbers right away. People with iPhones were told they’d get their accounts in a couple days. I’ll be hitting a week tomorrow.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I wonder if they could have implemented this in a more convoluted and confusing way or if this was the peak.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Anybody have any knowledge as to why they only have select college football over/under win totals? I was hoping to bet on Syracuse, Purdue, and Northwestern's but they don't have any of them listed...

Ben4Cy

Aug 28, 2016
One thing I noticed about the app on iPhone is that I can’t look at my bets after I place them. It just has codes in my account history.

Example: the other night I placed a 4 game MLB parlay and I couldn’t remember what the fourth game was. I tried to find a ‘virtual ticket’ but all it said was just a generic ‘4 team parlay 20$’ in open tickets. I couldn’t see the details on who I wagered on.

Am I missing something? I would rather not have to write down all my parlays

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
One thing I noticed about the app on iPhone is that I can’t look at my bets after I place them. It just has codes in my account history.

Example: the other night I placed a 4 game MLB parlay and I couldn’t remember what the fourth game was. I tried to find a ‘virtual ticket’ but all it said was just a generic ‘4 team parlay 20$’ in open tickets. I couldn’t see the details on who I wagered on.

Am I missing something? I would rather not have to write down all my parlays
I mentioned it up thread but I take screenshots

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The whole thing works pretty slick, other than not being able to see your bets.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
That guy that finished setting up my account at prairie meadows said that deposits can only be made at Prairie Meadows at this time and not online or at CVS.

Anyone try elsewhere yet? The app shows a CVS option.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
That guy that finished setting up my account at prairie meadows said that deposits can only be made at Prairie Meadows at this time and not online or at CVS.

Anyone try elsewhere yet? The app shows a CVS option.

Spoke to a William Hill rep who said CVS works now and a day later the Meadows employee said CVS doesn’t work yet.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I signed up at Prairie Meadows today and got my account set up but didn't stick around to make a deposit because the line for that was pretty long. I have to be in Des Moines mid week so will stop and do it then and hope the line isn't bad on a weekday afternoon. I did get the app installed (android) and it looks pretty easy to use and the layout of it is good. I will be a very small time player but am looking forward to it.

Penguin

Aug 13, 2017
Ames
Went to Pmeds yesterday, got the account set up and deposited. Took less than 10 min. Also scored a couple of free t-shirts and hit the Hawaii over.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
When you register your address has to match what your driver's license address or you won't get approved.