• The halftime show

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I didn't see the halftime show, but looking at his tiktok videos I can see why it'd get views (not because of musical talent but because of the color/light effects) but I also think that'd translate horribly in a fully lit arena halftime show, especially if he couldn't use a lot of the things that could make a mess on the court.

Reactions: Cyclones125

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I didn't see the halftime show, but looking at his tiktok videos I can see why it'd get views (not because of musical talent but because of the color/light effects) but I also think that'd translate horribly in a fully lit arena halftime show, especially if he couldn't use a lot of the things that could make a mess on the court.
I did watch a few of his videos last night and they were pretty decent with the paint and fire.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
That's how society works now, if John Bonham were alive he'd probably have 100 views on a drumming video, but idiots like this with no talent have 10 billion subscribers.

Hey, we agree on something. Drop the late Neil Peart in Hilton and have him entertain and young people would go "frickin boomer". But this bozo running around making no sense is like "wow dude..........awesome"!

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Hey, we agree on something. Drop the late Neil Peart in Hilton and have him entertain and young people would go "frickin boomer". But this bozo running around making no sense is like "wow dude..........awesome"!
Exactly. I work in the IT/ Social Media related field and I see 10 second videos of people doing a absolutely nothing that have 10 million views, meanwhile some professionally produced video by The Smithsonian Institute about important topics has 1200 views.

Reactions: isutrevman

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
Don’t need to be. Halftime shows are absolutely meaningless.
Oh I believe that half time act had meaning. I believe a stank of loserness came in the door with it and wafted through the concourse and into our locker room. The drum mat put down over our center-court logo was like a champagne bottle bouncing off the hull of a ship, unbroken. There is a hex in Hilton now and unless our pep band drummers go solo at center court before next game, this will be like Curse of the Billy Goat.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Oh I believe that half time act had meaning. I believe a stank of loserness came in the door with it and wafted through the concourse and into our locker room. The drum mat put down over our center-court logo was like a champagne bottle bouncing off the hull of a ship, unbroken. There is a hex in Hilton now and unless our pep band drummers go solo at center court before next game, this will be like Curse of the Billy Goat.

Oh great, bring the Billy Goat Curse into this.

Now I have something new to be worried about as an ISU/Cubs fan. Thanks...

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
Here's how it went:
  1. Some flunky came out at the half and laid a black mat down over the ISU center court logo, which seemed wrong
  2. The same flunky brought out a drum set that looked like the Plus version of a Guitar Hero game set
  3. It seemed like it took the flunky a long time to set it up, he seemed to be struggling with wire connections, and people in my section were starting to wonder if they'd have to scrap the act because the players would be coming back out for shoot-around
  4. Flunky apparently gets it set up, but maybe not, see upcoming step 8-9
  5. ISU PA tells us to welcome "internet sensation" with "10 million views" or maybe it was subscribers. IDK. An anime cartoon starts playing on the jumbotron with a music track; several people clap
  6. TikTok drummer walks onto the court, has a Justin Bieber vibe. He walks around the drum set like he is prowling, staring at it. People in the audience at this point are really WTF.
  7. Previously-mentioned flunky follows him with a camera, recording him as he stalks his drum set
  8. He sits at his drum seat but the drum beat has already started playing in the music; people are looking around, trying to figure out what he was going to do because there is are already drums playing
  9. He starts playing his drums With! Enthusiasm! but the music playing over the loudspeakers does not change, and he is wailing away on the drums but seemingly to no effect
  10. He gets up and walks around again, staring down his drum set. Maybe it was part of the act that his drum set doesn't work? IDK. I never detected a change in the music at a later point.
  11. He wails on drum set some more. Some people in the audience start to boo, including the guy I was the game with.
  12. He gets up again and tears off his jacket sort of Michael Jackson style and dances/runs around. Flunky follows him around with camera, recording him.
  13. He gets on drums and wails more.
  14. He gets up and then lays on the ground, rolling and doing playboy centerfold type poses.
  15. He wails more.
  16. He gets up and flunky ties a blindfold on him. He should try out as a Big 12 ref.
  17. Jeers and boos are frequent. Further proof of his readiness to be a Big 12 ref.
  18. He wails blindfolded.
  19. When he stops. The crowd is pretty silent. He makes a clapping motion at the audience as to indicate it is time to clap now.
  20. ISU PA: "Let's hear it for TikTok drummer!"
  21. Crowd: Crickets

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Here's how it went:
  1. Some flunky came out at the half and laid a black mat down over the ISU center court logo, which seemed wrong
  2. The same flunky brought out a drum set that looked like the Plus version of a Guitar Hero game set
  3. It seemed like it took the flunky a long time to set it up, he seemed to be struggling with wire connections, and people in my section were starting to wonder if they'd have to scrap the act because the players would be coming back out for shoot-around
  4. Flunky apparently gets it set up, but maybe not, see upcoming step 8-9
  5. ISU PA tells us to welcome "internet sensation" with "10 million views" or maybe it was subscribers. IDK. An anime cartoon starts playing on the jumbotron with a music track; several people clap
  6. TikTok drummer walks onto the court, has a Justin Bieber vibe. He walks around the drum set like he is prowling, staring at it. People in the audience at this point are really WTF.
  7. Previously-mentioned flunky follows him with a camera, recording him as he stalks his drum set
  8. He sits at his drum seat but the drum beat has already started playing in the music; people are looking around, trying to figure out what he was going to do because there is are already drums playing
  9. He starts playing his drums With! Enthusiasm! but the music playing over the loudspeakers does not change, and he is wailing away on the drums but seemingly to no effect
  10. He gets up and walks around again, staring down his drum set. Maybe it was part of the act that his drum set doesn't work? IDK. I never detected a change in the music at a later point.
  11. He wails on drum set some more. Some people in the audience start to boo, including the guy I was the game with.
  12. He gets up again and tears off his jacket sort of Michael Jackson style and dances/runs around. Flunky follows him around with camera, recording him.
  13. He gets on drums and wails more.
  14. He gets up and then lays on the ground, rolling and doing playboy centerfold type poses.
  15. He wails more.
  16. He gets up and flunky ties a blindfold on him. He should try out as a Big 12 ref.
  17. Jeers and boos are frequent. Further proof of his readiness to be a Big 12 ref.
  18. He wails blindfolded.
  19. When he stops. The crowd is pretty silent. He makes a clapping motion at the audience as to indicate it is time to clap now.
  20. ISU PA: "Let's hear it for TikTok drummer!"
  21. Crowd: Crickets

Offended-Seriously-Computer-Guy-Meme.gif

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
It is SO ISU that about 38% of the people answering this poll worry more about the halftime show than the play of the team. It's a crazy world folks!
The poll wasn't about what worries you more. The question was "which was worse?"

I'd take losing every game the rest of the year to not have to see that halftime "performance" again.