What was Hayden Fry's inspiration for the Tiger Hawk?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I was hoping it was true so that I could use it to mock Hok friends. They hate the Fred Flintstone comparison. The more ammo, the better.
My Hok acquaintances (the obnoxious ones) are almost always left dumbfounded & speechless when I point out the Fred Flintstone comparison.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
My guess is his own ball sack since there is one hanging below the sparrow hok's eye.
5862c12d862f82d3d9eaf1f4a32c482f--hawk-eye-iowa-hawkeyes.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm not sure this will work, but I can actually see it. Hopefully this will come through.

Cool. I can run with that and generate some more anger from EIU friends.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Older folks remember Fry's humungous ego and arrogance and cheap-shots in the media during the 1980's directed at ISU

He had a hand in designing the logo, and has made a fortune from it.. I personally loathe the logo and thinks it's dated and defines awfulness

His "ANF" campaign was brilliant but a total farce and basically a promo for his program. The U of Iowa's contribution toward farmers is graduating lawyers and producing judges who foreclosed or bankrupted thousands of farms and farm families

quite the legacy!

Fry got bored in his Nevada home a few years ago and called the U of Iowa to resurrect the ANF sticker, which it obliged. Shame on ISU for allowing the farce, fake, faux, bogus, laughable ANF campaign ....happen, and continue

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

Help Support Us

Become a patron