• Flag

• Ejection

• Ejection plus additional penalty via conference

• Fired immediately

Results are only viewable after voting.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I voted to eject but just off sideline for the game but it wasn't all that bad. I suppose something needs done just to discourage this in the future.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

No longer on sideline this season.
That's fair. Can't fault the player at all, it's the sideline person's responsibility to get out of the way. Members of staff should know not to inject themselves into something stupid like this, they aren't kids.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I'm kind of surprised by the majority of the reactions on here to this. I understand that it wasn't "that bad" in terms how hard he hit the UNI player, but you 100% cannot let **** like that fly. Any player who's run out of bounds is clearly not expecting to be shoulder checked by a coach. The coach intentionally leaning in to knock down a defenseless player is just not something that you can shrug off and say "eh the player needs to be tougher". Not a fireable offense the first time around, but certainly should have been a flag, tossed from the game and punishment from conference.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
"No longer on the sideline" is the appropriate action. The coach should be reprimanded internally and he's already admitted his mistake.

Time for everybody to quit making a bigger deal out of this than it is and move on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron