530ec5dba29b9.image.jpg

View attachment 54746
God Dusty is a legend.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think THT at the 3 and Zion at the 4 will ultimately be a great small ball lineup that will be very hard for teams to match up with.

I think THT at the 2 and Zion at the 3 could be really tough too as long as our 1 is solid with the ball. I like the fact THT can really handle the ball and is a great passer. And I like that Zion has played in the post with his back to the basket. Sometimes wings can't post up smaller players because they don't have any post moves. That wont be an issue with THT and Zion.

Lots of flexibility with our roster next year.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He's going to be a fluid wing role. No exact position, but will be able to mix and match him with the other wing players out on the floor at any time. Whether that be 3 or a floating 4, hell, I think he could play 2 if he was needed to. But not sure when/if Prohm would go that route with our current Makeup.

Last edited:

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I’d like to see a Griffin/Lard post end up being a good lineup.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

Like others have said in this thread he was asked to play inside for his HS team. That highlight is from AAU last summer where he played with the ball in his hand a lot and he looks really good doing it. He has good handles, a good looking jumper and is quick. I think he is a 2-4 and could play point forward

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but when I think of positionless basketball, it's more who you can guard. The mismatches on the offensive end result from who is guarding you. I feel like Griffin is a 3/4. Probably settles in to a small ball 4 after a year in the weight room.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
In the words of John Lennon about which type of amplifier that he was going to use for an important live performance, "Well, probably one that works then."

I figure Zion will settle into a position that works. :)

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
This kid is going to be a beast at some point. He would have gotten a lot of PT if we didn't get THT too year one.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
This kid is going to be a beast at some point. He would have gotten a lot of PT if we didn't get THT too year one.

I bet he does anyway. Their is some inter-changeability in their skill sets, but different and complimentary too. He is physically ready to contribute already.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Maybe it's just me, but when I think of positionless basketball, it's more who you can guard. The mismatches on the offensive end result from who is guarding you. I feel like Griffin is a 3/4. Probably settles in to a small ball 4 after a year in the weight room.

Disagree. If what you say was the case Luol Deng and Tayshaun Prince would be NBA Greats. They could guard about every position on the floor and still didnt have an offensive mismatch. What makes "positionless" basketball as you call it is 1st offensive versatility, 2nd surrounded by the right personnel and 3rd being an above avg defender of multiple positions.

Take Golden State for example. That team isnt great because they are all great defenders. KD, Steph, Klay and Iggy force you to guard them and are mismatches because of Offense. Sure they are versatile defenders but that isnt the key to their advantage. It is much more fluid than that.

The term "Stretch 4" emphasizes what exactly? It is assumed that a 4 can guard a 4. A "Stretch 4" provides a mismatch because of offensive versatility

Last edited:

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Luol Deng and Tayshaun Prince made a combined $250m in their NBA careers.

They did ok.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron