What players were at the conference?

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Anyone able to make it to the game tonight (definitely didn't trust the weather from Cedar Rapids), let us know who all is there with the new coach.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
and how many total people were there? current assistant coaches? how many media?

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
was there just overhead lighting or did they have some special accent lighting set up. Also, were the lapel pins they all had metal or coated with plastic or enamel.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
There were quite a few people there. Coach had a large amount of family members there including his dad and of course his wife and kids. Some former players also. I saw Austen Arnaud and a couple other players that I didn't recognize.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
There were quite a few people there. Coach had a large amount of family members there including his dad and of course his wife and kids. Some former players also. I saw Austen Arnaud and a couple other players that I didn't recognize.

I would have been concerned if AA wasn't there. Thanks for the update!

jmb

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
By the way, I think you can say one proud papa is Coach Rhoad's dad. He was looking very proud and happy and rightfully so.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Feel pretty good about the hire after seeing the press conference. Can tell he's committed to ISU. The issue with Gene could have been he was more name then substance. He was the wow... but believed he was a "wow" and was higher than the program.

Assuming all the players stay, which I think they will, then we can turn this around next year with a winning season. How hugh would that be! Rhoads would then become a "WOW" and the national attention while Gene is blowing smoke down at Auburn would only further ignite this fire.

We made a very very good exchange in the last 10 days. Our team just got a lot better! Pollard is doing an awesome job. We may be building on something great here. I'm excited!