What??? No Born v. Drake thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
Thank God we didn't offer Born
UNI’s leading 3 point shooter on 40% shooting from 3 as a true freshman. If you think he wouldn’t get any minutes on the team this year then you are just stubborn. Plus he maybe would have the best basketball IQ on this team. I watched the most stupid ending of a basketball game the other night with all the stupid shots and mistakes our guys made at the end of the game. I can tell you he’s probably not making those mental mistakes. Kid is solid and will be a 20 ppg player by his senior year. Just looked over his stats again.Born Averaging 1.5 turnovers a game, we have veteran guards averaging 2.5+.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
UNI’s leading 3 point shooter on 40% shooting from 3 as a true freshman. If you think he wouldn’t get any minutes on the team this year then you are just stubborn. Plus he maybe would have the best basketball IQ on this team. I watched the most stupid ending of a basketball game the other night with all the stupid shots and mistakes our guys made at the end of the game. I can tell you he’s probably not making those mental mistakes. Kid is solid and will be a 20 ppg player by his senior year. Just looked over his stats again.Born Averaging 1.5 turnovers a game, we have veteran guards averaging 2.5+.
This is the worst defensive team of the Ben Jacobson era because of him. Trust me I watch a lot of UNI and hes not good. He shoots 5 2point FGA attempts per game which is 4 too many. He would be better if Green was playing but he's a liability out there and we would run UNI out of the gym

Lol on the 1.5 turnovers per game when he only averages 1.8 assists per game

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I feel like I am pretty high on Born but even I can't see him being a big 12 caliber player for about 3 years tops. If he were interested in redshirting and sitting for a couple of years, I'd have wanted him in a Cyclone uniform.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I feel like I am pretty high on Born but even I can't see him being a big 12 caliber player for about 3 years tops. If he were interested in redshirting and sitting for a couple of years, I'd have wanted him in a Cyclone uniform.
Drake attacked him offensively every possession tonight as most teams do

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is the worst defensive team of the Ben Jacobson era because of him. Trust me I watch a lot of UNI and hes not good. He shoots 5 2point FGA attempts per game which is 4 too many. He would be better if Green was playing but he's a liability out there and we would run UNI out of the gym

Just curious how many fewer conference wins would we have with Born on the roster?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just curious how many fewer conference wins would we have with Born on the roster?
He's basically a worse version of Tyler Harris. Harris is shooting 42% in Big 12 play. Green is shooting 41% in MVC play but Harris is more athletic and a much better defender

• Funny
Reactions: WhoISthis

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014

I would probably say not having there best player would be affecting the defense as well. Defense is harder when your not scoring. You act like our team plays suffocating defense too. Having him on this years team would make no difference on our defense at all.

Reactions: Busch Light

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I would probably say not having there best player would be affecting the defense as well. Defense is harder when your not scoring. You act like our team plays suffocating defense too. Having him on this years team would make no difference on our defense at all.

That’s the issue. He would make no difference. So why would we want him on this ISU team?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's worse defensively than any player on our roster so I disagree. He also wouldn't get minutes here so a moot point

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
He's worse defensively than any player on our roster so I disagree. He also wouldn't get minutes here so a moot point
He wouldn’t get minutes here? He would have our best 3 point % by close to 10% more than anyone this year with his numbers (besides Jaden Walker). If you want to compare him to any player on our team it’s Tyler Harris and Bowen Born is putting better numbers than him as a true freshman. I’ll never understand hating on an undersized kid from Norwalk, Iowa. Definitely would have a place on the court for us and you’re delusional if you disagree, check the numbers fam.