What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
haha you wish my friend. actually we waited at 5:30 before the game yesterday, decked out in cyclone colors. all of a sudden 10 dbags (frat bros) come in like its a fashion show and get in before us.

cyclone alley is over-rated. i feel bad for the guy in the second row that was kicked out by cyclone alley hitler yesterday. he deserves the spot he got

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Leave CA alone. WTF. The way the past few seasons have been we are lucky any students are there. (Look at Iowa, what do they have 50 students there?). Don't give me this your are not a true fan unless you are there through the ups and downs lecture either. It would be nice to give the students a couple "ups" once in a while ya know. Human Nature 101.

Frickin A guys.

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
Hand Sanitizer, are you serious? Iowa BBALL is a joke. We can still have cyclone alley but we don't need to pay $30 for it. That is unbelievable.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I've set it before and I'll say it again....winning doesn't make hilton loud. It helps. But "back in the day" there were some really bad teams out there and you'd leave Hiton with your ears ringing and voice lost. The product may not be the best we've seen but you can still get into the games, especially one like last night.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
So just because people aren't nuts when they're on the video board doesn't make them true Cyclone fans? I know personally I can make just as much noise and snide remarks as anyone in CA, but I personally don't like being on the video board. Does that make me any less of a Cyclone fan? I'm actually waiting for someone on CAC to tell me to tone it down for some of the comments I've made. I'd say the majority of the people who sat outside Hilton from 5:30 to 5:45 when they opened the exterior doors are pretty damn decent Cyclone fans to freeze their ***** off waiting for the doors to open.

Does honor before victory apply only to football?

What you do between 5:45 and 7:00 doesn't make you a true cyclone fan. What happens between 7:00 and 9:00 does.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I think one of the most important things that needs to be done to fix CA is to A: the committee members need to get off their buts and stand up and cheer! When the camera comes across you idiots at least look excited to be there for crying out loud ! B: Get rid of the $30 mandatory fee. This is ridiculous thirty dollars on top of the 125 you pay for season tickets and may i add that 125 doesnt even get you games over breaks i would be better off buying the $99 season tickets and get EVERY game. This is really said that we are arguing about our own student section but something needs to be done. Cyclone Alley has lost all of my respect.

While I agree, the issue enlies with the fact that CA's tickets are much better seats than the $99 season ticket. They need to do with CA like they did with football tickets last year. Baseline package like now, extended student package to include break games (like KC football tickets was last year).

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I also think starting line ups should only have the band play no videos and just stick to the courteous clap for the opposing team. The games I've seen I hate the video/jock jams crap that is the starting line up...it's not exciting. It's a joke. Just get the crowd on their feet and yell...simple...not theatrics please. That's probably no a CA thing, but thought I'd throw it out there.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
They could create a game environment by dumping the crappy video before lineups. That video will kill Hilton before the Iowa game starts. Bank on it.

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
Ok I am going to have to disagree with you because I think the band is a JOKE! You probably are in the band though. THE MUSIC PUMPS THE PLACE UP! The band....does not.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Ok I am going to have to disagree with you because I think the band is a JOKE! You probably are in the band though. THE MUSIC PUMPS THE PLACE UP! The band....does not.

The band is what makes it college athletics. Additionally, "Fights" generally is when Hilton is at it's loudest. Gets everybody up and not just segments of the fans.

you have got to be kidding me? the video is sweet!

The video sucks. Hilton goes dead silent. That should tell you something. It also tells me you don't have a clue, because 14,000 people stood and just watched a video with a song that doesn't fit a college basketball intro when you can't involve fans for about a minute and a half. Video is fine, song sucks, and it's wayyyy too long.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
They could create a game environment by dumping the crappy video before lineups. That video will kill Hilton before the Iowa game starts. Bank on it.

Couldn't agree more....forget Iowa....Just think when #1 KU and #2 UT come in early to mid Jan. :wideeyed:

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
We need to have a class system of Cyclone Alley where each person interviews for seats. If you are hardcore enough during the interview, you get front row, and so on and so on.

Then you need to change the name from "Cyclone Alley" to something a little less poor sounding.

Then you need to change the T-shirts to full body suits that are either Cardinal or Gold. You will receive an itinerary at the beginning of the season.

Then we need to have cooler half time games that get shown on TV. I'm thinking something more in the lines of Running Man, or Gladiator. There should be blood to clean up before the team steps back in the court.

Noise makers should be really obnoxious. Air horns....louder the better. Fran Drescher noise makers.

There should be a big party outside before the game. Kegs, liquor the whole works. We don't let you in unless you are completely blitzed.

Coach needs to body surf in the crowd after the game. It would def. keep fans from leaving the game early if they knew Coach McD was going to be jumping into Cyclone Boulevard (see what I did with the name there?) when we win.

That is all.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
What was wrong with the other thread. To improve CA, you must get rid of CA. The CAC logic is troubling.

If I have a gambling problem, it wouldn't make sense for me to try and find ways to better my odds or get better access to funds, etc. The only solution is to quit gambling.

The problem with CAC is that they don't recognize that the problem is with CAC. Get rid of it. It was a good idea, but has been corrupted by poor leadership and ridiculous directives. At this point, it can't be saved. The only people that benefit from CA are those running it.

Quit murdering the magic.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Sigh!!!! Magic was there before good basketball teams and disappeared shortly after our best ones.

That might have been true in the past, but those days are over. We're kidding ourselves if we think we can just manufacture "magic" with some sales or seating gimmicks. Not to mention that less then 5 years ago you could get student season tickets for football and basketball for less then it'll cost you for basketball alone these days. People (especially students) aren't going to shell out $100's of dollars to watch a team lose.

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
NO NO NO! what would a class system do? I would rather have a freshman who cheers his brains out than a senior girl who stands there so someone could see her

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
So here is the solution. Make $15 for a shirt and loosen up the dictatorship a little then.

THe problem I am seeing is we want to find things to blame.
"we need to change the Intro Music" Talk to Pollard"
"CA has killed Hilton magic"
"Blue hairs are not standing up etc"
"People leaving early"
"Its too cold and snowing for recruiting"
"The practice facility looks ugly on the outside"
"The band isn't good"
"I hate the pump up the burrito"
"The hot dogs are too expensive"
"We need this. We need that"

How about just win some games. Like I said earlier...
If we were ranked 5th in the country and 8-0 there wouldn't be a care in the world about this. People would probably pay $50 for a shirt and say man this is awesome.

EDIT: I am pretty sure our teams have taken care of murdering the magic.....The good thing is if they can finish 12-3 non conf it could come back....(AKA....WINNING)

Last edited:

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
That might have been true in the past, but those days are over. We're kidding ourselves if we think we can just manufacture "magic" with some sales or seating gimmicks. Not to mention that less then 5 years ago you could get student season tickets for football and basketball for less then it'll cost you for basketball alone these days. People (especially students) aren't going to shell out $100's of dollars to watch a team lose.

Is there no lottery anymore for BBall...when I was in school you were lucky to get tickets and I don't even remember the cost. And we weren't very good. Probably very similar to this years team.