What music are you listening to right now?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Some real solid stoner/sludge/blues metal this year. These two bands came outta nowhere for me and have consumed my headphones and turntable for the last month or so.

This might be my favorite album of the year:

Followed by this:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know there are some fellow Sturgill fans out there. He just dropped a 20 track bluegrass album today, all remakes of existing songs. I read he basically realized he was stuck in Nashville during COVID, as were some of the best bluegrass musicians in the world. He got them together and created this album, and it's absolutely amazing:

1602854094998.png

Oh, and how about that album cover?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I know there are some fellow Sturgill fans out there. He just dropped a 20 track bluegrass album today, all remakes of existing songs. I read he basically realized he was stuck in Nashville during COVID, as were some of the best bluegrass musicians in the world. He got them together and created this album, and it's absolutely amazing:

View attachment 76651

That's awesome! I was unaware of this. Going to go check it out now

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008

View attachment 76651

Listening to it right now, Love it!!!!

Reactions: Clonefan32

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Went back in time for some albums from my youth that I hadn’t listened to in many years: Listened to “Betty” by Helmet for the 90s alt rock fans.
1602863491517.jpeg

Reactions: 1100011CS

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
When I was driving to and from California last month, I heard Sara Evans talking on one of the country XM channels about some new stuff she'd recorded for an album of cover tunes called "Copy That." Most of the time when an artist does covers for a project, I've been left fairly unimpressed with the choice of material. What surprised me here was how mainstream Evans went and how I thought most of the choices translated pretty well to her voice (there were a couple misses, but not many). Tracks include: "If I Can't Have You" (Yvonne Eliman), "Don't Get Me Wrong" (the Pretenders), "It's Too Late" (Carole King), "My Sharona" (the Knack), "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" (Chicago), and the one that I felt worked really well: "Come on Eileen" (Dexy's Midnight Runners). I listened to it a couple times so far. If you liked Evans from her hit-making days, this might be one to check out.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

View attachment 76651

I've listened to this a couple times since you posted this. Great album. Sturgill is so ******* talented

Reactions: Clonefan32

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron