What logo would you vote for now?

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

Which brand logo would you choose today?

• ISU Block Letters

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • I State Logo

Votes: 163 48.9%
  • Cyclones Script

Votes: 150 45.0%

• Total voters

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here is the same helmet with better coloring...

View attachment 130029
Is this what some call the Swirly Cy? I can't remember. Anyway, this is the best version of it, no blue, no black. I like it, and this should also be considered as an alt logo.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a version of this on Cyclone coaches gear. They like it.

The point is, we have quite a few very good vintage logos. Some of them just need a slight change or touch up.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here is the same helmet with better coloring...

View attachment 130029
This is, respectfully, really ugly. Looks like a JV team sponsored by Walmart would wear.
You might be missing the big picture here (no pun intended). This large version of Whirly Cy (of whatever it is called) would never likely go on a helmet like this.

I could see it though as a smaller logo on some of our alt unis. I could see it as merit stickers on helmets (if they ever brought that back. I could see it on official and unofficial apparel and gear.

A lot of people like this logo. Here is one of the best versions of it, IMO.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You might be missing the big picture here (no pun intended). This large version of Whirly Cy (of whatever it is called) would never likely go on a helmet like this.

I could see it though as a smaller logo on some of our alt unis. I could see it as merit stickers on helmets (if they ever brought that back. I could see it on official and unofficial apparel and gear.

A lot of people like this logo. Here is one of the best versions of it, IMO.
Same reasoning goes with Walking Cy, Leaning Cy. They are great logos. Bring them back and use them as alts.

We need to start having some fun with our past and some of our vintage logos. We could be proactive here and not reactive, like we always seem to be.

And didn't Brett Yormark say they that we the Big 12, and we as Big 12 members should try to find new and creative ways to draw attention and fan interest? Ultimately this will lead to financial success. Or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: croelfs10

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
As Iowa State gains national recognition for our successful men’s and women’s athletic teams, the I-State logo will become more and more recognizable as being viewed as only Iowa State. In Iowa State colors. Secondary logos are great. Market and promote. Cyclone fans buying more merchandise. Money

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
As Iowa State gains national recognition for our successful men’s and women’s athletic teams, the I-State logo will become more and more recognizable as being viewed as only Iowa State. In Iowa State colors. Secondary logos are great. Market and promote. Cyclone fans buying more merchandise. Money
And what I would like to promote is to add a darker gold, keeping the gold that we have now (some don't agree) also. This way we keep the brighter gold, but maybe only use it for trim, etc, on the FB uniforms. Nobody (most anyway) likes our current bright yellow gold in large swaths on our FB uniforms.

We would not have to change any of the coloring on our current logo, signage, old logos (ditch any blue though!) etc. That is a huge plus and savings. The change would be seamless.

Of course we could get rid of the 4-color I-State logo, and start using the 2 and 3-color logo instead. But the cardinal and current gold of our logo would not change.

Reactions: Nor'easter

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
As much as I hate this logo you're not wrong. And it already has been for quite some time in my opinion. I travel for work and most people react to my polos with it knowing who they are even though the majority of them are not Iowans or State fans.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
As much as I hate this logo you're not wrong. And it already has been for quite some time in my opinion. I travel for work and most people react to my polos with it knowing who they are even though the majority of them are not Iowans or State fans.
Ya, I got the opposite feeling from people on the east coast. Only time I didn't was in northern Virginia at a bar and it was a WV fan that recognized it. Just happened to be that night game we put the smack down on them. Reeeeeally good crab cakes too.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I work with a guy from NJ who saw us play Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl. That’s back when our fans wore the silly stocking caps with the tassels.

He has called us the “Chicken Heads” ever since.