What is your go to while you have the flu?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sweating it out is literally the worst thing ever.
Ginger ale is the ****.
I'm pretty sure Angie is my mom.
Don't get sick in the first place

As long as it's not Vernor's (the local brand in Detroit) - tastes like sugar water. How can you call something ginger ale when it doesn't have ginger flavor? Can't go wrong with Canada Dry or Seagram's, though.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Sweating it out is literally the worst thing ever.
Ginger ale is the ****.
I'm pretty sure Angie is my mom.
Don't get sick in the first place

Go to your room, dammit. ;)

It's crazy how fast all of the mom knowledge enters your brain. You realize that you absorbed some of it from childhood, and then other stuff just gets passed down until you're actually making others think you know what you're doing.

Pretty sure all of the above is going to go right in the toilet when we hit the birds-and-the-bees talk. (With you, I mean, cmjh. We really need to have that talk soon.)

Reactions: cmjh10

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Had a bout of real flu last weekend. I suspect I picked it up in the confines of a scheduled airline flight.

Coughing. But to no avail. It's in your lungs but you can't break it loose. Life sucks and your chest hurts from so much coughing. Took some Nyquill/Dayquil to hit some of the coughing and maybe it helped.

Chills a bit near the beginning, but ran a low grade fever for about 3-4 days.

Eating? I absolutely wanted nothing to eat. Forced down the liquids and managed some Cuties/Halos without much effort. Made a can of chicken noodle soup and literally ate 2 spoonfuls and threw the rest away. Managed a couple eggs one morning and a slice of toast but it was not easy.

For the first time in my life I FELT like an old person (I'm 61). I missed getting my flu shot this year because of a few life events that threw off my normal procedure - which is to get it right at the first of November. I'll not make that mistake again!

It was literally the worst I've felt in 20 years. Still have coughing but at least there's stuff breaking loose. 9 days after the fact.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Go to your room, dammit. ;)

It's crazy how fast all of the mom knowledge enters your brain. You realize that you absorbed some of it from childhood, and then other stuff just gets passed down until you're actually making others think you know what you're doing.

Pretty sure all of the above is going to go right in the toilet when we hit the birds-and-the-bees talk. (With you, I mean, cmjh. We really need to have that talk soon.)

I AM IN MY ROOM!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Help Support Us

Become a patron