What if.....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KSU had DG, and we had Clemente? What would our record be?

I know that sounds like I'm beind mean towards DG, but he really is a serviceable Big 12 guard. He's not great, but not terrible IMO.

However, I think Clemente is very good. He gets his teammates the ball where they need it, and he is deadly from the outside as well.

How many more wins would we have right now? My guess is... 4 more wins.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Not much personally.

D-Money has been exactly that many times this season: Money. He has cut down on turnovers, increased his assists/game, and has found a role of a set-up man and cutter guard instead of shooting it in years past. His facilitation skills are invaluable to the team.

That said, Clemente is a heck of a guard. If our offense was more guard oriented than what we run, I would take Clemente over D every day. But its not: we like the 3, but we like points in the paint more. When it comes down to that, D is a better facilitator than Clemente in the system and helps feed Brackins, Gilstrap, Hamilton, and Dendy very well.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Not much personally.

D-Money has been exactly that many times this season: Money. He has cut down on turnovers, increased his assists/game, and has found a role of a set-up man and cutter guard instead of shooting it in years past. His facilitation skills are invaluable to the team.

That said, Clemente is a heck of a guard. If our offense was more guard oriented than what we run, I would take Clemente over D every day. But its not: we like the 3, but we like points in the paint more. When it comes down to that, D is a better facilitator than Clemente in the system and helps feed Brackins, Gilstrap, Hamilton, and Dendy very well.

You serious? Clemente is better than DG in EVERY facet of the game. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!! And his shooting is 10000000000000000000000x better.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
KSU had DG, and we had Clemente? What would our record be?

I know that sounds like I'm beind mean towards DG, but he really is a serviceable Big 12 guard. He's not great, but not terrible IMO.

However, I think Clemente is very good. He gets his teammates the ball where they need it, and he is deadly from the outside as well.

How many more wins would we have right now? My guess is... 4 more wins.

I'm probably to hard on DG but I really can't stand watching him play. I don't think he's that good and just makes to many mistakes at key times.

Trying to win a basketball game with a bad point guard is like trying to win a football game with a bad quaterback.

I'm ready for the DG era to be complete and the Chris Colvin era to begin and hopefully we can move forward. I forget who said this earlier but McDermotts inability to recruit qualtiy guards (and keep them) has killed him.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
You serious? Clemente is better than DG in EVERY facet of the game. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!! And his shooting is 10000000000000000000000x better.

You saw him play one great game today, making up for Pullen (the better of two guards), but tell me you've watched his inconsistency this season? Didn't think so...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
You saw him play one great game today, making up for Pullen (the better of two guards), but tell me you've watched his inconsistency this season? Didn't think so...

DG is a model of inconsistency.

Yes Pullen is the better of the two guards but Clemente makes big time plays at big times.

Is there any guard on our team that you feel truly comfortable with when the ball is in his hands, especially at key times??

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Not much personally.

So..........have you just seen games prior to the Northwestern game???

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Better than being consistantly awful like DG.

Yeah, I mean Diante is soooo awful, like every game... I bet his per game stats suck.

2009 - 2010 Stats: 8.4 PPG, 5.3 APG, 2.5 RPG, and a 40% 3 point percentage.

I bet you could put up those numbers in D-1 ball too, right?

Everyone should stop rippin on players unless you think you can step in and do better, and if so, show us.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009

All I can say is you must be related or friends with DG. I have watched Clemente numerous times over the past 2 years and have seen DG play upwards of 60 games. The two are not in the same league. I question if you have watched DG play ever... Didn't think so....

PurpleHaze

Feb 6, 2010
Denis has been somewhat inconsistent & mired in a shooting slump much of this season. He's maybe just now starting to shoot his way out of it.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
nm your signature explains it all. Hard to be objective... I understand.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I'm probably to hard on DG but I really can't stand watching him play. I don't think he's that good and just makes to many mistakes at key times.

Trying to win a basketball game with a bad point guard is like trying to win a football game with a bad quaterback.

I'm ready for the DG era to be complete and the Chris Colvin era to begin and hopefully we can move forward. I forget who said this earlier but McDermotts inability to recruit qualtiy guards (and keep them) has killed him.

Clemente is very good. Colvin also has a long way to go in my opinion. He still makes way too many mistakes. How many more times is he going to barrel thru the lane out of control and then just about throw the ball thru the backboard.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
In fairness. We aren't on full ride bball scholly's either. I don't care what his numbers are. He is probably the worst starting pg in the conference!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, I mean Diante is soooo awful, like every game... I bet his per game stats suck.

2009 - 2010 Stats: 8.4 PPG, 5.3 APG, 2.5 RPG, and a 40% 3 point percentage.

I bet you could put up those numbers in D-1 ball too, right?

Everyone should stop rippin on players unless you think you can step in and do better, and if so, show us.

What? Now I'm supposed to judge our basketball players with myself? I'm 40 years old and slightly overweight, and I haven't played any organized basketball in about 15 years. Is this the benchmark we should really be comparing our players to?

I'd hope that all of our basketball players are better than me. But then again, I didn't get to go to college for free to play basketball either.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Colvin reminds me of Pullen's first year. Of course, Pullen had a coach that road his *** and demanded that Pullen get better. I remember Frank "Goon" Martin used to call timeouts just to chew out Pullen. It worked for Pullen. He has improved.