What I learned from one roller coaster of a week

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The Fales and Murphy show doesn't have the same ring... Good call on that show name.

Also the stream sound quality seems better today. Not sure why an FM transmitter would make that different but it does sound a little different.

Sounds much better in the car

• Disagree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The whole station sounded better on FM. I also could get it for more than a couple hours. I have listened to KXNO since it started and followed Chris since is days at CN. It was going to suck to see both go. Yes you can stream the product but you cannot stream to every radio and if you are in and out of vehicles it makes it difficult. Lastly I think the move to FM will be huge for KXNO. Over the last 17 years and I worked with a lot of farmers and a lot of them do listen to KXNO in their equipment. This new format will make it a lot easier.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think the move to FM is great and will be huge but did most people not tune into Kxno via 107.5-2?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think the move to FM is great and will be huge but did most people not tune into Kxno via 107.5-2?

Didn't even know about it, and my car doesn't have AM radio but does have HD radio. So this entire time, I could have been listening to these shows while driving without fidgeting with my phone and the app. Too bad they didn't pimp that up more.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't even know about it, and my car doesn't have AM radio but does have HD radio. So this entire time, I could have been listening to these shows while driving without fidgeting with my phone and the app. Too bad they didn't pimp that up more.
Yep

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Would there be any different in audio quality between the HD and the FM stations?

I've been on 107.5-2 for a few years now too.