What have we learned about Big 12 MBB?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
SEC is going to be much better than usual IMO. Will be a tough Big 12/SEC challenge

It looks to have more intriguing matchups than I might've expected.

Still 6 weeks away, so who knows by then, but if I were to predict Big 12/SEC results right now, here’s my guess, with Confidence Factor, 10-down-to-1:
10) Ole Miss at Texas
9) Oklahoma State at Arkansas
8) Texas A&M at Kansas — high confidence factor since it's at Phog, but this could be the best game of the '18 series.
7) Baylor at Florida
6) Oklahoma at Alabama
5) TCU at Vanderbilt — I know, 9-0 vs. 3-5 (currently). But 3 of Vandy's losses are to then-ranked or currently ranked teams. TCU has played 7 games at home and 2 neutral. This is in Nashville.
4) Kentucky at West Virginia
3) Tennessee at Iowa State — UT appears to be upsurging. I'll give ISU a Hilton nudge.
2) Georgia at Kansas State — Looks about even, but Weber sometimes loses home games like this, for some reason.
1) Texas Tech at South Carolina.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
SEC is going to be much better than usual IMO. Will be a tough Big 12/SEC challenge

A general response (regardless of my crapshoot-B12/SEC prediction): SEC has a shot at getting about 6 tournament bids this season, and could have additional bubble/NIT teams in the mix. I think it has been a few years since that was the case. And Kentucky doesn't appear to be a lock for the title (UF and A&M could challenge).

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
2) Georgia at Kansas State — Looks about even, but Weber sometimes loses home games like this, for some reason.
kuloses.gif

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Still not very confident in UT over the course of a season. Every year for the last few years people have predicted them to finish near the top of the big 12, and they haven't lived up to expectations. Maybe that changes now that Shaka is getting settled in, but I'll need to see it to believe it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Okie St with a nice win against #19 Florida St in the Orange Bowl classic. Mitchell Solomon tipped in the winning bucket and then took the game sealing charge. FSU's first loss.