What happens to...

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
The former staff?

KJ, Gadson and Dom have been training at MN with the storm. Been rumored KJ will become their FT freestyle coach. Would Gadson and Dom follow?

Do the Paulsons split up or find a university to take them both?

Where does Esco land?

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Dresser mentioned Kyven being in the RTC during the presser. Assuming from that comment that he will be here part time

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Guess KJ didn't take the administrative job he was offered?

Hoping Gadson, Moreno, and Bradley stick around.

The Paulson's will land on their feet, not sure where but they will be able to find work. I hope they get the job at Pitt.

Don't know where Escobedo lands.. maybe back in Columbus at tOSU?

Only other openings I know of are at Davidson and an assistant job at Northwestern.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I wonder if one of the Paulsons might consider the move to the OTC. Both have been successful in the international styles. And this job is developmental with the cadet and junior level wrestlers. I could see the Paulsons really thriving in that role. Not sure who else the OTC would be considering.

Reactions: HGoat

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
Gadson and Moreno are staying on with the RTC. Not sure about the other CWC guys.
Who will GAdson train with? Colbray and Harrington are solid but I would imagine they would need to bing in someone else on the senior for him to train with. Assuming bradley. Is gone.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Who will GAdson train with? Colbray and Harrington are solid but I would imagine they would need to bing in someone else on the senior for him to train with. Assuming bradley. Is gone.

Not sure. But Dresser said in his presser yesterday that Gadson was staying and the Register article this morning said Moreno was as well. I haven't heard any other names for the RTC as of yet.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I am sure it didn't help in landing a head job. Hope they have some relations with Gavin and can get an assistant job.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I'm not sure how any AD would hire the Paulson's as HC unless they were a really small, insignificant school willing to take a chance. They were part of a staff that failed miserably in many aspects. Maybe they weren't a big reason for the failure, but I'm sure they'd have a hard time convincing an AD in an interview.

If they had coached the Cyclones to a respectable post season, maybe their prospects for a good job would have been better.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think whether they were responsible for 1% or 99% of the past few years, it will be an anchor that weighs on them for a HC job right now. Really need to almost start over. Get an assistant job by showing their recruiting ability, lately, and rebuild from there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron